cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sync and speed dropping

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Chris 

Did not expect this today (Sunday morning)  -  0.14 Mbps download 0.89 Upload for two hours, started going through checks turned off router switched on after a few minutes and currently getting 11.65 Mbps up and   0.94 Mbps down.

I do not know if they have been working in the exchange but this is the speed I was getting up to 2 years ago when everything went haywire and dismal downloads. Let’s hope that this will be the norm now!

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi whitecliffs

Apologies for the delay.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Debbie 

Sorry for delay but yesterday speed dropped back to 0.00 down 0.25 up all lights on router green and except for mains light all flashing,  turned router off and came back at 11.0 down 0.78 up. Today appears to have settled down at 10.0 down and 0.82 up. The router appears to drop out at 4am every morning.

Hi whitecliffs

I'm sorry to hear this.

There are an intermittent high number of errors showing on the line.

If you have tested with 2 different routers, cables and filters at the test socket then I can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Debbie 

I have not tried another router seeing that the download appears to be settling down at an average of 10.5Mbps last evening and today I can live with that! 

What I cannot understand is that again this morning the router dropped out at 0330 this appears to be happening daily, can you see anything that could be causing this?  As this might be the problem, why would it dropout during the night when not in use.

Hi whitecliffs,

The connection drop at 3:30 was caused by our line management system (DLM) changing your profile. It's configured to make profile changes in the early hours of the morning to cause as little inconvenience as possible.

Chris