Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise on phone line, calls cause broadband to drop out

an1uk
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Noise on phone line, phone calls cause broadband to drop out. Had this issue a while ago and despite a test showing no fault, an engineer was called and they managed to fix the issue.

Noise still present on line with phone connected directly to test socket. I have tried using different filters.

It seems an "open case" prevents me from opening a chat with support.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi an1uk

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 15/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi

An engineer will be required for this.

i'll drop you a PM to complete some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Noise is present with two different handsets with router removed, as previously mentioned twice.

I have experienced the same issue in the past and been told a test detected no problem. An engineer was called and managed to fix whatever the issue was.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Is the noise present with 2 different handsets at the test socket with the router also removed from the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Noise still present when only phone connected to test socket.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @an1uk,

Is the noise still present when it is only the phone connected to the test socket (i.e. when the router is disconnected).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.