Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting My Guaranteed Speed

bernjokas
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I'm not getting guaranteed speed. For the past week I'm only getting approx.  30 Mbps, my guaranteed speed is at 43 Mbps.

Tried running the live connection test but keep getting this error: ''Oops, it looks like there's been a technical issue :-(''

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi bernjokas

Can I just check, has your router been at the test socket since your last post? (without being rebooted)

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

OK, thanks for that. Please wait for further advice from the support team. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Just did that now, still getting the same speeds.

bernjokas_0-1627665682860.png

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 9

OK, the thing is that any issues on the voice side can affect the broadband connection. Have you tried connecting your router at the test socket with a microfilter? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

Yeah I know that but I dont have a landline phone, never needed one. Thanks anyways

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

You have a phoneline even if you don't use it to make calls. Can you get your hands on a phone just to test? 

0 Likes

bernjokas
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Hi, I dont have a home phone, it's only broadband.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi

The speed is lower than it should be, and the profile has been lowered. Can you check the home phone and see if you have a clear dial tone with no noise or crackles on the line.

All usual tests are passing here.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes