Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not sure what's going on

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Spoke to talktalk future fibre team yesterday they say I cant order fttp yet but spoke to bt this morning and everything is ready to go. Talktalk told me openreach hand not linked some cable up or something but bt say I can have it installed in 2 weeks. So not sure what to do now should I stay and hope talktalk get the system upto speed or jump ship.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Nationaljimbo 

If Openreach FTTP is available for your home and BT Retail, and other suppliers, can offer you an FTTP service then that's step 1 to getting Ultrafast fibre installed to your home.  Openreach will be asked to make the connection from a fibre distribution point outside your home to your home. How Future Fibre is installed 

For TalkTalk to be able to deliver FTTP Ultrafast requires an extra bit of work from Openreach and that's installing a Cablelink in the Telephone Exchange to link up the FTTP customers in that exchange to the TalkTalk equipment. Without that Cablelink, TalkTalk would not be able to accept FTTP Future Fibre orders. 

So it all awaits TalkTalk instructing Openreach to install the Cablelink. Did the TalkTalk team give you an indication of when this might happen?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for replying Gondola.

He didn't say anything about talktalk instructing openreach he just said it needed to be done. I get the feeling it's the talktalk system that is not updated. Looks like I'm stuck until this gets sort then.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Nationaljimbo 

I'm in the same situation. Openreach FTTP has been installed here for 8 years. During that time the equipment has already had an upgrade to Gigabit broadband. But before Sky or TalkTalk can offer FTTP they'll need to place an order with Openreach to install Cablelinks at the Telephone Exchange so that their respective customers can access the FTTP customer base. 

I understand that the roll out of TalkTalk's FTTP Future Fibre product is a soft launch and not available straight away to every FTTP potential customer.  Not every exchange offering FTTP has had the Cablelinks installed. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Seems odd to me but time will tell.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have had a look and the info on my local exchange and it says llu (local loop unbundling) was enabled in may which I assume is the the cablelink.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Nationaljimbo 

Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) simply means that TalkTalk has its own equipment in the Telephone Exchange to manage the delivery of broadband and 'phone service directly over the metallic connection from the telephone exchange to the customer premises. TalkTalk have LLU equipment in 3035 of the 5000 or so Openreach exchanges and offer broadband service just to customers in those LLU exchanges. 

Within that subset of 3035 exchanges are customers that are or could be connected to full fibre FTTP. To access those customers requires Cablelinks in each exchange where there's FTTP. I hope that explains what's going on.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

Apologies for the delay.

This help page should provide some further information and also has a Chat now button at the bottom of the page.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Debbie had a chat with someone and they told me the info I was after just hope it's not to long before I can order fttp.