Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ORDI Request Needs Raising Regarding The Service Address

9 REPLIES 9
Chaminda_36
Chatterbox

I checked our TalkTalk phone number with other suppliers and found neither our Landline Phone Number nor our Address is recognised by any of those suppliers’ websites. Phoned TalkTalk Customer Service Team and spoke to many people regarding this and to find out how to correct the issue without any success. No one seems to know why or how to fix this. Spoke to several other suppliers also without much success. One of them advised me to get in touch with TalkTalk and ask TalkTalk to arrange an ORDI Request to add our Address and the Phone Number to the Openreach Database. Apparently Openreach do not have the correct address linked to my landline and therefore our address is listed as a Silver Key Address with Openreach. Our address exists in the latest Royal Mail Postal Address File.

I can see from other posts online that this issue has been resolved by posting through this forum. I tried to sort this out through TalkTalk Customer Services without any success at all. The issue is still outstanding and I hope the team here can help me.

I have posted my address in the Private Notes section in my profile; which matches the Royal Mail Address. Telephone Number is listed in my profile also.

Community Team

Hi @Chaminda_36

I will request the ORDI,  Usually takes around 10 days to complete. 

Regards

Chaminda_36
Chatterbox

Hi 

Much appreciated. Thank you very much. Looking forward to getting this sorted out.

Regards

Community Team

No problem, Chaminda_36

I will let you know when its completed

Chaminda_36
Chatterbox

Hi OCE_Arne,

This is still not sorted and not completed yet. Was it ever completed?

Could you please sort this out for me asap.

Regards,

Community Team

Hi @Chaminda_36

I dont think I got a reply, So i will send it off again. 

Chaminda_36
Chatterbox

Hi OCE_Arne,

This is still not sorted and not completed yet. Did you get a reply yet?

Could you please sort this out for me asap.

Regards,

Chaminda_36
Chatterbox

Hi OCE_Arne,

Our address and phone number is still not recognised by any of the other broadband/phone line providers. I checked online and also phoned Plusnet and BT to see whether our Landline Phone Number and our Address is recognised by any of those suppliers’, but was told they can’t find our phone number and the address combination and will require a new phone line if I ever decided to change the suppliers as it stand now. Our address doesn’t even appear on their websites.

So if the ORDI came as address matched then where do I stand now?

I am not trying to change my current contract, but I want to know if I have to one day I can without paying for a new phone line.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Chaminda

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @Chaminda_36

Your address is correct on the Openreach database, however other providers will not be able to search for your phone number, as the number is what as known as un-bundled, meaning it is not on the BT network, its on our network.   

If you do decide to leave you have to give them your address and advise them that your number is with us and they request to take the number off our network. 

Hope that make sense.