would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ORDI request needed to correct address with BT Openreach

11 REPLIES 11
rpoolman
Popular Poster
Hi,

I am having the same problem as many other TalkTalk customers. I am trying to move to another provider but they contacted me today to tell me that my address on the BT systems does not match my current address which I have lived at for the past 3 years. Please can you raise an ORDI request with BT as soon as possible to have this corrected.

Thanks

Robert

ferguson
Community Star

Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

rpoolman
Popular Poster

Thanks @ferguson. I have included my TalkTalk landline number and other details in my community profile.

I am now waiting on the support team to contact me to help sort this issue out.

The TalkTalk customer services team did not seem to understand what an ORDI request is and hence I am thankful to find the threads in the community page where others have faced the same issue.

@OCE_Arne - as you have helped others with this same issue, please can you help me as well?

rpoolman
Popular Poster
I am still waiting for someone from the support team to respond to my request to generate an ORDI request with BT. I have tried speaking with the customer services team at TalkTalk and they do not understand what an ORDI request is and what I mean when I explain that the address registered with BT for my landline is not correct. I suggest that TalkTalk train the customer services team on this matter so that they can help their customers.
In the meantime, please can someone from the support team respond to this thread and help me sort out this problem.
thanks
Rob
ferguson
Community Star

There is a bit of a backlog at the moment because of the recent holiday period, posts are dealt with in date/time order so each time you post again you are moving yourself to the back of the queue. Be patient and you will get a response.

Community Team

Hi @rpoolman

I've sent the request of today,  Usually can take upto 10 days to complete. 

I'll let you know when I get a reply. 

Thanks

rpoolman
Popular Poster
Community Team

Hi @rpoolman

Openreach have replied this morning advising that the address is correctly populated.  Can you add your address to the private notes in your community profile, (just to be sure ive sent the correct one over.) 

Thanks 

rpoolman
Popular Poster

@OCE_Arne

I have just added my current address to the Private Notes field in my profile.

Please can you advise if this is the address you sent to BT.

Thanks

Rob 

Community Team
rpoolman
Popular Poster

@OCE_Arne - sorry to bother you again but please can you help me.

Following your confirmation that BT Openreach has our correct address associated with our landline number, I have been back in touch with our new provider of phone and broadband (Plusnet). They have tried to process an order to transfer our existing landline number to them but they are receving an ERROR message from BT indicating that the landline number does not match to the address we have given them. Please can you confirm the exact address that BT Openreach has for our landline number or re-process the ORDI request again to ensure that our address is correct. Alternatively, please can you provide me with contact details at BT Openreach so that I can contact them directly to confirm the address associated with our landline number?

Community Team

Hi 

Ive sent you a PM with a screenshot taken from Openreach.

Thanks