cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Offered a Fibre upgrade but is all what it seems

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

No problem but seeking some advice from members that have been in a similar situation.

Background - I've been a customer with TT for over 15 years and never had much to complain about. I'm on Fibre 65 at the moment with a few speed wobbles in recent months but caused by OR's degrading cables to my DP i.e. not TT's fault directly.

Then out of the blue I get a call from TT Sales offering Full Fibre 150 at a really competitive price so obviously I'm interested. However. as the more savvy of you may realise FF 150 is data only. Such a set-up would interfere with my voluntary work (helpline and support)  as the charity is not geared up for VOIP etc but when I queried this with the sales rep he said "no problem, you can retain your existing copper landline for voice at no extra charge?" I queried this proposal 3 times during the conversation but each time the agent was adamant that retention was not a problem.

So, my question is, has anyone experienced this promised and successful outcome?

Regards

Mike 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Just a quick update for any viewers considering an upgrade - another week has gone by and OR still can't confirm an installation date and therefore TT won't give me any email confirmation of contract T&Cs etc until OR confirm a date. It is unfortunate that OR have a monopoly on FTTC as it puts TT in a bad light. One bit of good news is, once again, the TT upgrade team assures me (verbally) that I will retain the voice service but seeing will be believing? 

0 Likes

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi Steven

Many thanks for sharing your experience - it is worrying that there is an obvious breakdown in communications (no pun intended) between TT departments. I contacted the FTTH group yesterday and the UK agent confirmed that I hadn't received any documentation as OR had not confirmed the original installation date of the 24th Nov due to this departmental confusion.

When a date is confirmed I will receive notification etc. The agent also confirmed that the "deal" included retention of the landline but in view of your experience I remain concerned. I would also hope that a TT Community Manager on this forum might possibly contribute to clearing the mist surrounding these upgrade offers.

So lets keep in touch with any developments

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

StevenSelby
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Mike,

I had exactly the same call last Saturday and was assured a number of times that I could keep the landline and the deal included this in the price.  Received the confirmation this morning which read “fibre 150 data only package” and further details saying your landline service will end and you won’t get the number back!

After an hour and a half chat first with the FTTH team they agreed a mistake had been made but checked and said I could get that deal but would have to cancel the original order first. They did this then transferred me to sales (along with the full chat history).  Sales then told me they could only offer me a data only package and that I needed to enquire with Openreach to keep the landline.  Enraged I am waiting for a call back from a manage (7 hours and counting…)

Steven Selby

0 Likes

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi Arne

Many thanks for the info. At least it proves I'm signed up but I guess I'll just have to be patient and await the confirmation email for further details but you can appreciate the old adage " in an information vacuum people feel the worst"

Anyway, thanks again

Mike

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi mikeyar

Unfortunately we have no access the Full fibre orders,  I can see the notes placed on your account confirming what was agreed 

FTTP - 150 

18 Month contract 

Booked for 24 Nov. 

Amazon Eero to be issued. 

Thats all the information I can find, Hopefully you confirmation email will be sent soon. 

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes

mikeyar
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Yes, I was on the call yesterday for 40 minutes with the sales rep and have verbally agreed to the upgrade and new 18 month contract but as I have yet to receive any paperwork and T&Cs etc I just wanted some actual confirmation from users or TT Forum staff that retention of a landline at no extra cost is a genuine part of a new contract. Of course that is until 2023 when OR hope to switch off the copper network.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

Just to confirm, have you contacted our Future Fibre Team directly about this?

Your Future Fibre Support Hub

Thanks

0 Likes