Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ongoing broadband problems

54 REPLIES 54
Gerisjt
Team Player

Incident 190403-000829

Hi

I have been experiencing badly intermittent internet issues since end of Feb and don't seem to be getting anywhere with technical support after spending days talking to them. The internet goes down periodically for hours at a time.

Ive had a new router installed from talktalk but it has not made any difference. Line tests don't seem to indicate any issues. I've had numerous conversations with numerous managers to no avail.

I have been informed that talktalk cannot arrange an engineer visit and that we have to arrange it ourselves.

can you please offer any assistance? I am at the end of my tether.

thanks

Ged

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Ged, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Ged

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that the SNR is dropping low and this can affect the stability. I have optimised your connection and the SNR has now increased. Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Gerisjt
Team Player
Hi Debbie unfortunately it hasn't made any difference. The router is HG635
Gerisjt
Team Player
Nothing is improving, it's crazy
Community Team

Hi Gerisjt,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 1 re-connection in the last 24hrs. Just to confirm, how often is the connection dropping?

Thanks

Gerisjt
Team Player

Hi

The connection is very unstable. I ran the TalkTalk speed test earlier and the latency was 514ms. This is always high when I do a speed test.

The connection is so bad that I'm having to send this from a family member's home on their broadband.

Can you please ask Openreach to investigate as this has been going on for so long? :'(

Community Team

Hi Gerisjt,

Do the lights change on your router when the connection drops?

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Gerisjt
Team Player

Hi

The internet light does turn red sometimes but not all of the time when we experience the problems.

We just have one phone socket which does not have a test socket. It's very old.

We have the phone plugged in to the filter and have tried using different filters to no avail.

58383796_388905361954758_6957672467754123264_n.jpg

Community Team

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Gerisjt
Team Player

yes there is crackling on the line

Community Team

OK thanks, do you still hear the crackle with the router disconnected (just telephone connected)?

Chris

Gerisjt
Team Player

The crackle is intermittent - it's not doing it at present with the router plugged in or not.

We were sent a new TalkTalk router about a couple of weeks ago but it didn't make any difference.

Our phone line passes through a lot of trees in our garden so maybe this is the cause of the issue?

Community Team

Hi Ged

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is not detecting any faults.

Is the replacement router still connected at the test socket? I can then escalate this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Gerisjt
Team Player

Hi

Yes the replacement router is still connected, but as previously explained we don't have a test socket.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Ged

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Ged

Our Network Team have completed a further line optimisation. If the connection continues to drop following this then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Gerisjt
Team Player

Hi

Thanks but it's still dropping ☹️

Community Team

Hi Ged

Apologies for this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Ged

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie