cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Open Reach engineer, phone master socket

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi, first post here, has anybody successfully arranged to have phone master socket moved by an open reach engineer? Cant contact Open reach directly, got to be via talk talk who are useless. Been trying to sort this since 27th September.  Stressed to death with TT call centres, wasted at least 5 evenings. Been charged £40 for a T.T. engineer who couldn't do job, drank tea ate biscuits and left having supposedly arranged O.R. engineer. Living nightmare dealing with talk talk.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Sik to deth of talk talk 

Your guide to master sockets If you need a master socket installed or you want to move/replace your current one, please contact us to arrange an engineer visit. This is chargeable at £128.40.

This is work arranged by TalkTalk with Openreach if the outside drop-wire needs moving. If it's just the internal master socket move and no change of the entry point then Openreach delegate the work to Qube (TalkTalk) engineers who have delegated authority to move a BT master socket internally.

If you wish, hang on here for a TalkTalk OCE to arrange the Low Volume Request (LVR) master socket work with Openreach.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
FYI, I am aware of the procedure and costing involved. unfortunately your agents have failed repeatedly to arrange an openreach engineer to contact and arrange time and date. Been waiting since 27/09. Waisted several evenings being placed on hold and apologised to. Waste of time and effort. I dont have the time or patience to trawl through another session of frustrating language barriers and second rate phone connection. Happy to try Open Reach direct if theres a way.
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Openreach do not work directly for the customers of Communications Providers except where you contract them to carry out a move of their infrastructure for example where building works are to take place and lines need moving as part of that project. Heads up that it'll cost a lot more than £128.40 for an LVR to be placed with Openreach by TalkTalk.

But you did say that the Qube / Brightsparks engineer organised by TalkTalk to do the work was going to arrange that the LVR was escalated to Openreach and that's presumably because the drop wire entry point is to be changed? 

Although Qube have delegated authority from Openreach for work on replacing and relocating Master Sockets this work is limited to Openreach trained Qube engineers and does not extend to work on Master Sockets when the incoming drop wire requires moving externally. 

So, the question is do you wish to have the LVR Master Socket work organised by the TalkTalk Community team here. If it's not already arranged they can sort that for you tomorrow. Heads up that a Master Socket Move LVR is managed by Openreach to fit in with other work they have in your area and at busy times may be scheduled up to two weeks ahead.

Highlighted

Dont know what half of  your reply was saying. Ive been trying to get a master socket moved so as to enable me to relocate  a router. Taken me nearly a month now. Dont know anything about Qube engineers etc. Talk talk engineer ever called to my property on 27/09. Supposed to arrange for do some else to do work  I'm still waiting after hrs of frustrating phone calls,online chats,  now this. I cant wait two weeks. I have a contractor needing this done before 5th november. Which was 6 weeks after Talk Talk engineer first called

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Sik to deth of talk talk 

Your Openreach engineer appointment gives general details and should be read in association with Engineer Charges that includes the £128.40 charge for the 'Low Volume Request' (Openreach speak meaning non-urgent in Openreach terms) of moving an Openreach Master Socket.

I suggest you wait until TalkTalk pick up this thread that I've escalated and see what can be arranged with Openreach to fit in with your timetable.

The TalkTalk team that support Community have direct access to the Openreach booking system.

Highlighted
Community Team

Can you give me more information regarding the current location of the master socket and where you want it moved to.

Once I have more information I can begin the process. 

Highlighted

Hi, as if by Magic an Open Reach engineer arrived at my door step and is carrying out the work. It's taken nearly 6 weeks and hours of stressful conversations with indifferent incompetent talk talk staff who mainly apologise and thank you for your patience. 

What an absolute waste of my time. The staff who messed me about should be sacked. They are useless. I shall be taking this up further with the complaints department and I'm still owed £40 for a talk talk engineer callout on 27th September who never did any work. Thanks for your patience. 

Highlighted
Community Team