Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Orange Flashing Light

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

Hello,

I have been experiencing some major issues with my broadband connection since Monday morning.  My connection drops every 5 mins for a period of approx 5 mins before restoring and the process repeating again.  During this downtime, the orange light on the front of my Talk Talk Sagemcom_FAST5364 blinks.

My Wi-fi connection is usually slow (2.5-4mpbs) but is is enough to stream Netflix and never used to drop out.  I have no devices connected via ethernet and no landline phone connected.

I did buy a Wi-fi extender (Netgear EX2700) to boost my signal now I am working from home a few days ago, but that worked great for a few days so not sure if these issues are linked?

My worry is that now everyone is working from home and kids are off school, it may be causing my internet to drop out - could this be true?  My neighbours have not had the same issues as me but they are with BT.

I have been in contact with TalkTalk tech support all day (ran tests on lines, rebooted router etc.) who were not able to help and their final reply was "Please keep an eye on your service over the next 48 hours.  This will help us rule out any internal issues".  They did acknowledge an issue on the line.

I cannot afford to wait at least 48 hours (plus however long it takes to fix after that) so was wondering if there is anything I can do that could fix this issue myself?

Many thanks in advance

Jack

First Timer
Forgot to mention I have unplugged my wi-fi extender which hasn’t made any difference. Thanks
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jack,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

First Timer
Thanks Michelle. An Openreach van has been working on the box at the end of my street today and my internet has worked fine since so presume it was an issue with the line in. All sorted now thanks.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jack,

Excellent, I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Thanks