Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our elderly parents have been sent a replacement new router but still not broadband service!

JulieR63
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Urgent help required to assist my elderly parents who rely on their internet for communication.  They received an upgraded router last week, which they have installed according to the instructions.  The light is on but they have do not have any internet connection.  They have reported the issue over the telephone and spent hours during the conversation checking connections as per the requests.  It is still not working and they require urgent assistance.  Unfortunately we do not live close by.  Please can someone help?  My contact email is REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi JulieR63

Are you still experiencing this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

@JulieR63, could you post back to update the forum as to whether this has been resolved?

If not, it's essential to follow the instructions in my first reply.

Without these details, staff can't check your ID, or your parents' account. 

If you still need help, I can re-escalate this thread into the queue for staff attention. Otherwise, we need to know that it's resolved!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 3 of 6

@JulieR63 , If you put your parents' details in your forum profile as advised and post back here when you've done that, a member of staff is offering to look into the issue.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Julie,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you add your parents name, home telephone number and an alternative contact number to your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

@JulieR63, have they checked whether they still have a connection if they use their old router?

Sometimes even new routers are simply faulty.

What reason did Talktalk give for sending out the router? Was it part of a package upgrade?

So, a little more information will probably help, but don't post anything personal on the open forum pages. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. 

If you are a Talktalk customer add your own details in there. At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your parents' name, address, and landline phone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes