Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

'Our health check shows that your internet has been disconnecting'

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

As per title, really. The internet connection at my mum's house—which I pay for, and am the account holder for—isn't working at all, I am told. 

Is there anything to be done? Simply saying 'your internet is disconnecting' without any actual resources or recourse isn't the most helpful thing I've ever seen 😞

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Da5e2501

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile the number for the line in question? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Morning Debbie—thanks for the response.

I can confirm that the number in my profile is the number associated with the line suffering issues.

Highlighted

Hi Da5e2501

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I'm unable to connect to your router, which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Having spoken to my mum—she's not technical—it appears to be the Super Router as described on this page: https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/super-router

Speaking to her on the phone, the line is very, very crackly.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Further info:

According to the service status page, the 'router is a Huawei-HG633 and its software is up to date'.

My mum has tried a different microfilter between the router/phone and socket; this hasn't helped. The router has been power cycled several times. 

Coincidentally, I have changed to a Faster Fibre contract, as the whole thing was up for renewal, and a new router is arriving tomorrow. Can you advise what should be done if this doesn't help?

Highlighted

Hi Da5e2501,

Thanks for the update. Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection so we will need to look into this first. Is the crackle/noise present at the test/master socket with 2 different handsets and with all other equipment removed from the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

So, the new router arrived today—right now, things seem to be working. I'll update this if there are any dropouts, thanks for all the help!

Highlighted