Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage for 7 days and support that wont help

P00R-Service
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Been without broadband for 7 days now, Have logged 5 plus calls via chat, keep being fobbed off saying openreach need to make a visit and they will update me, contact again in 24 - 78 hours.

I've not had a single update from talk talk despite them taking my number for updates. I am being fobbed off, they cant provide a call reference, they cant chase open reach and cant tell me anything, not overly concerned about an outage for a week.

I just finished another support chat that was disconnected because they didn't want to deal with me. I got a message saying .....I just want to check if you are still there as I haven't received a response from my last post to you?... immediately followed less than a second later them disconnecting me.

Is it possible to actually have the problem resolved? Support is just one big black hole, is this the norm for talk talk?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

The call was logged 8 DAYS AGO so its acceptable to leave a customer without a service for 2 weeks knowing full well you have no intension of reinstating their service, whilst lying to them and asking them to keep call back to check on the progress, wasting their time and deceiving them.

Thanks for confirming in writing that TALK TALK SUPPORT LIE to their customers whilst blaming OPENREACH for non existent delays.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi

I've had a reply from networks.  As it's 5 days until the Cease order / takeover is completed, BT Openreach will take no action.  If a fault is logged with a service within 5 days of an active takeover, Openreach reject this as any repair is affected when the new service is installed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

As soon as I get a reply back from networks I'll update you here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Many thanks for looking into this, will I be contacted here with an update?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

I've raised this to our network teams to speak with Openreach.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
We have no dial tone
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

OK, can you tell me if it is only the broadband affected or the phone line eg. is there a clear dial tone present.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

I havent cancelled anything but I am switching, but I mentioned this from the 1st point of contact and on the numerous occasions since. I questioned whether it was down to me switching, but I was told there is a physical fault with the line and a support request was made to openreach.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

I'm showing a cease placed on the line at the beginning of the month, are you in the process of cancelling your services ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Thankyou for replying, I have added my information

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes