Once again i find myself posting about my almost non-existent internet signal.
This keeps happening every couple of months or so; the upload speed just keeps getting slower and slower until my router can no longer maintain its connection.
No amount of restarts, router swaps, ports swaps etc ever make any difference.
I have no test sockets.
Ususally when this happens, i tend to post on here, the line is scanned and the sync speed is improved; then the problem starts to resolve itself.
On the odd occasion i have waited for days before posting, it doesn't resolve itself. So if someone could take a look at this issue and please provide the usual fix that would be much appreciated.
I have just spent 25 minutes attempting to use the speed checker built into this website; and after a few timeout attempts, it finally yielded a result showing my average upload speed is "NaN Mbps".
I would try and upload a screenshot of that for this post, but i get the feeling that would also timeout. Right now the current upload speed my router thinks it can manage with this level of signal is only 96Kbps. It is usually around 800+.
At least this is an improvement to the lasst few days where i had several instances of several hours at a time with not enough signal to be able to connect to the internet at all.
I also tried to use the service status checker on this website just now, which managed to indicate that there is a problem, but when i tried to open the chat to help, that just got stuck at the connecting screen; most likely due to lack of upload speed.
Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service
Line history is showing a lot of reconnection and periods when the error count is very high
How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?
Is your telephone service OK? Any noise on your line?
There are 3 telephone sockets, each with a phone plugged into it.
The phone service is always fine, never any noise on the line etc.
The connection has been either completely disconnected/unusable again for most of the last 24 hours again. When it does finally connect after many hours, it only maintains about 100-125Kbps of possible upload speed, tends to maintain that for around 5-10 minutes, then disconnects again when taxed; and by taxed i mean trying to load more than 1 web page at a time on the whole network.
I'm curious to know the nature of the "errors" and what could possible be done about them.
Thanks for confirming this. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and 1 phone directly at the master socket with all other equipment removed from the other sockets so we can see how the connection stats compare?
I have previously tried that sort of thing when this happened before.
I had spent almost an entire week messaging back and forth while attempting different combinations of setups. Making sure that every combination of filter/no-filter was used on every port in the house, with different phones being plugged in/not plugged in for each combination; even attempting every combination again with a completely different brand of router which had also previously been working, with the same configuration.
It always just seems to be a matter of the incoming signal being too weak/disrupted at times. Unfortunately, this time it has been going on for weeks. I have spent the past 3 days completely without any signal; and now that my incoming signal has finally returned, my router shows the current stats as follows:
|Current Rate (Kbps)||64||1024|
|Max Rate (Kbps)||188||4224|
|SNR Margin (dB)||7||26.8|
|Line Attenuation (dB)||31.5||51|
Barely enough to load a webpage on one device at a time.
Hopefully the cause of the errors can be determined.