cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PS4 won't connect to talktalk

Community Team

Hi

A router was dispatched on 29th. There was a system issue on the Monday that caused the orders not to progress.

Thanks

Karl. 

Walker10
First Timer

I know what the problem is as ive just had the same problem . I could not connect to either my ps4 or even my android phone . I called them and a guy called james looked at my settings on my wifi and disabled the security on it . Nothing major . Everything worked instantly.  Its the security settings on their wifi it locks you out .

Walker10
First Timer

Call them . Get them to disable the security on your wifi . This happened to me . Worked straight after . 

waqas722
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Karl , @OCE_Debbie 

I have received the new router today evening. I've just tested it but the problem remains same. The playstation4 still won't connect to the router. 

Regards,

Waqas

waqas722
Team Player

Also, I've noticed another problem with the internet, When I'm using talktalk broadband, I am unable to use social media apps i.e. Instagram, Pintrest and facebook messenger.

Can you please help with that as well?

Community Team

Hi waqas722,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Is this the same make and model as the previous router? In regards to the social media apps, are you currently using HomeSafe?

TalkTalk HomeSafe - An Overview

Thanks

waqas722
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle ,

I am using the original router, I have turned the home safe mode off and all social media apps are now working perfectly!  Thanks 🙂 

The router that was being sent last week was a different one to my original one.

I had the FAST-XXXX-X router (Sagecom). The one came in post was DLINK made. I've now put it back in the box, please let me know what to do with this one.

I will try connecting the PS4 tonight. I have not tried it yet since the home safe being turned off.

Regards,

Waqas

waqas722
Team Player

Thanks @Walker10  I will call them tonight after work. Just want to test connecting PS4 with Home Safe being turned off. It might work you never know! If not then i'll call them to disable the security as you mention.

Community Team

Hi

Do let us know if it works with the original router to see if this was related to home safe settings.

Thanks

Karl. 

waqas722
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Karl  @OCE_Michelle  @OCE_Debbie ,

Good news! Finally it's all working fine for me! I think the culprit was home safe mode.

The PS4 now doesn't have any issues connecting to talktalk router. I'm happy with the broadband now! 🙂

I am using the original router (that was sent by talktalk). I've packed the replacement router (DLINK) in the box. Please let me know what should I do with this replacement one, how to do return etc.

Regards,

Waqas

Community Team

Hi

Glad its working now.

I've sent you out a returns bag for the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

waqas722
Team Player

Hi, I had posted it back to you.

Community Team