cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Paying for Fast Broadband which is anything but fast

ferguson
Community Star

In all fairness, if you keep missing their calls I am not sure what more you expect them to do?

Community Team

Hi Ally28,

I'm chasing it up with our network team. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Ally28
Team Player

Hi Ferguson,

I'd expect them to either leave a voicemail message or an update so that when I do ring back, as I did last week, there's some info on the account. That's what I have to do in my line of work. The person I spoke to didn't know that I'd been contacted at all, or why, and there was no information on the account, so they were as much in the dark as I was. I'm going to try again when I get in from work and see if I get any joy.

Many Thanks

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
ferguson
Community Star

That's why it is better for you to be able to take the call from the designated individual who is aware of your issue, rather than just attempting to phone in and discuss the matter anew with whoever receives your call. Frustrating I know, but I guess the nature of your line of work is different. I do agree though that at least a voicemail with an indication of when they will call back would be helpful.

Community Team

Hi Ally28,

Our network team have reoptimised the line and asked if you can confirm that your router is currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

Ally28
Team Player

Hello Chris

I can confirm my router is currently in the test socket and has been in the test socket since the 2nd of July. I will keep it in there until otherwise instructed.

Kind Regards

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
Community Team

Thanks Ally28,

I've passed this back to our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Community Team

Hi Ally28,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Ally28
Team Player

Hello Chris

I've replied to your PM with the information requested.

I'm more happy to pay engineers charges as long as the issue is resolved. I am however extremely worried that I will end up paying hundreds of pounds for repeated engineers visits that don't actually resolve the issue. I can't afford to do that I'm afraid.

I work during the day, but can make myself available 8-1pm if you can provide any potential appointment slot times.

Kind Regards

Alison S

ALISON SNAGG
Community Team

Hi Alison,

The help Engineers charges help article explains when you will and won't be charged and how much the charge is. If you'd like to go ahead could you be available this Thursday or Friday AM?

Chris

Ally28
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your link about engineer's charges. That's very helpful.

I'll have to let you know later on tonight when I get home if I can get someone to be here as I'm unable to change my hours at short notice. 

Kind Regards

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
Ally28
Team Player

Hello Chris

I can do Thursday am if that's convenient.

Many Thanks

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
Community Team

Hi Ally28

I've passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm if this date is available.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Ally28

The engineer visit has been arranged for Thursday AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Ally28
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks, will update you once the engineer has come round.

Regards

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
Community Team
Ally28
Team Player

Hi Debbie (&Chris)

The engineer came today, did a whole load of tests, and confirmed there was no problem at my property. He said he thought there was an issue between two boxes leading to the exchange. I got a text from Talktalk earlier this afternoon saying they believed the issue had been resolved.

I've run an Ookla speed test  tonight and it's actually slower than previously:

Download speed: 0.16Mpbs

Upload Speed:0.21 Mbps

The best ever result was on the 4th of July which was

Download Speed:0.54Mbps

Upload Speed: 0.52Mbps

But I'm going to see how I get on over the next few days. I'm also going to try and see if I can renegotiate my package because while I don't expect to be at the top end of advertised speeds, I really don't think 1-3Mbps download speed is too much to ask for. I'm paying for a service (Fast Broadband) that I'm not getting by any objective measure. 0.16Mbps download speed is shocking really.

Thank you very much for all your help so far, it has been greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG
Community Team

Hi Ally28

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can pass this back to our Network Team, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Ally28
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I would greatly appreciate it if you could refer this back to the Network Team.

Many Thanks

Ally28

ALISON SNAGG