Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent broadband issues

yemisipeters
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I have been having persistent issues with my Broadband and whenever I call customer service to report the issue, I get sent a message that all is working well. I am on Fibre 65 but the highest speed I have ever gotten on the speed test is about 20mp. Sometimes the broadband just doesn't work and this is really frustrating. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hello,

Ok thank you and please let us know how the speed compares 🙂

Thanks

yemisipeters
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle, I have only run the speed test on wireless. 

I will turn the router off for 30 minutes as you have advised later today and let you know if the speed gets any better.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

Thank you! I have updated my profile and someone from the talktalk support team is now on the thread.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi yemisipeters,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes please and then run another speed test as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed. Are you also running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @yemisipeters,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.

Do the light(s) on your router indicate that it is losing connection to the internet and having to reconnect, as if you get lots of disconnections this can have a knock on effect on your speeds.

If you are having disconnections it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.