cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Phone & Broadband fault

11 REPLIES 11
Participant

Last week there was a fault with the above. Openreach were called and fitted a new Master socket (03/07/19). All good.

This week (10/07/19) everything is down again.  Talktalk contacted and I was told there is a line fault between the exchange and the house.  Fault reported to Openreach and an engineer booked to sort the fault.  The next day I get a text from Talktalk to everything is up and running again.  The service status check even reported the same.  It wasn't, still down.

Reported to Talktalk again, only to be told the same thing again, not happy.

Today (12/07/19) I receive a text from Talktalk again saying everything is fine and dandy.  IT ISN'T, I still have NO PHONE or BROADBAND.  Can somebody please tell me when this will be fixed, its getting ridiculous.

Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GMC72

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if your router and phone are connected at the test socket? I can then escalate this back over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Hi, 

They are plugged into the test socket, yes. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Gary

Our Network Team would like to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property to investigate further.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Gary

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Gary

The engineer visit has been arranged for 18/7 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Debbie, 

Will do and thanks for your help. 

Regards, 

Gary

Participant

Hi Debbie, 

Openreach engineer has been this morning. Everything now up and running again. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Gary

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Debbie 🙂