Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with a replacement router

Hannah 1
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

I have been having intermittent internet connection for the past 2 days. It is constantly cutting in and out of connection and I urgently need this sorted. I work from home like most people now and I can’t have this issue. I have reported this issue before and was told my account wasn’t synced. The agent synced it and it worked well again for a week or 2 and now it has cut out over 20 times during the day (this is not an exaggeration). I have tried all the troubleshooting tips, tried resetting my router and still nothing. My only other option is to leave this network and try a new one.

Please, please can you send me a replacement router to see if this fixes the issue. 

thanks 

Hannah 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Hannah 1

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Hannah 1
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 11

Thanks very much @Debbie-TalkTalk  i look forward to receiving it

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Hannah 1

Apologies for this.

I have ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 11

Now that it's the weekend, staff won't be back before Monday, @Hannah 1, but I'll re-escalate your thread so we know that they'll pick it up again and send you the router early in the week.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Hannah 1
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

sorry I have taken a while to come back, I thought the issue was sorted but it definitely isn’t. I have added my talk talk landline telephone number from my account onto the settings. Please can you send me the replacement router for testing ?

thanks 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 11

Hi Hannah 

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Hannah 1
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Skynet_TX 

Thanks for all your help. I have actually already done the line test and it’s saying my line is fine but there’s clearly some kind of issue if I have no internet. Since I have posted these messages it has cut out another 5 times!!!

i do have a landline number but I don’t use it and don’t have the landline phone.

i am having to use 4G when I am paying for an internet service that hasn’t worked for 2 days! 

hopefully someone from talk talk will assist me from Monday.

thanks 

Hannah 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Ok, it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

If you want to wait for the staff here to help then they should pick this up early next week, they will be able to run more tests on your connection and on your router, and if they did think a new router was required they would be able to get one sent out to you, routers then normally take 24/48 hours to arrive.

0 Likes

Hannah 1
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Skynet_TX 

yes, the router is losing the white light and flashing orange multiple times a day, I don’t have any wired devices.

thanks 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Hannah 1,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes