Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor broadband connection

11 REPLIES 11
Jules571
Repeat Guest

I've had problems with broadband speeds over the past 2 weeks.  I have monitored this and recorded download speeds as low as 0.1.  I have turned my router off/on and broadband speed increase to 19mbs, but steadily decreases until I have to repeat turning off/on.  I am doing this twice a day.

There is no problem with broadband to my house.

I reported this problem on Monday, and have carried out the advice in the service centre.

But the problem is not resolved.

Please sort this out.

Thankyou

KeithFrench
Community Star

Are you measuring this via speed tests? If so, please can you log on to whichever TalkTalk router that you are using & check the speed quoted in there, when the speed test reports the speed as very slow? It would be helpful to know what make/model of router you are using & what the speed recorded by it is.

When it is slow, is this just on wireless connections to the router or does it also affect any wired (Ethernet) connections if you have them?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Jules571
Repeat Guest

Hi Keith

thanks for your response.  I need to say that I am an older person who is out of depth with tech matters so I'm not sure what information you're asking for and why.

I have tested the speeds via the router, which is Huawei, and have already said what recorded speed is.  It starts off at 19 and dips until I have to turn router off/on again. 

I have a TV with talktalk box and catchup TV is affected.  I have a wireless laptop.

I'm just frustrated that I can't get hold of a person at Talktalk to help me.

KeithFrench
Community Star

OK I was just trying to help. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Jules571
Repeat Guest

Thanks Keith for your help

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jules571

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Jules571
Repeat Guest

Yes please.  Please also send clear instructions of what I'll need to do.

Thank you

Julie

OCE_Debbie

Hi Jules571

Apologies, I'm unable to locate any details with the telephone number in your Community Profile, have you added the correct landline number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

Jules571
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie

Accidentally added phone no with 1 digit wrong.  Now amended

thanks

OCE_Debbie

Hi Jules571

Thank you 🙂

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Jules571
Repeat Guest

I am now connected via new router.

Its made me realise what a poor connection I had previously

Hopefully, problem now solved

OCE_Michelle

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks