Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor router speeds making my IPTV hopeless

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 27 of 27

Screenshot_20211022-231932.jpg

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi

Glad you got a resolution for the problem.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 2 of 27

Just got back from a week's holiday. Router was ready to be set up. Problem solved. So it was the router all along. Thanks to all for their input and help.

Message 3 of 27

Hi Polentone71

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 4 of 27

Okay Debbie. Fingers crossed a new router does the trick. Thank you.

Message 5 of 27

Hi Polentone71

I've ordered you a different router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 27

@Polentone71, I explained in post #10 that staff work business hours, sometimes starting very early in the morning. 

Karl is a member of Talktalk staff - he offered help 3 times on Tuesday  

I am sure that you will find that he will follow this up for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 27

Don't create a new thread, that will just cause confusion, this thread is already in the staffs workflow, best to just wait for them to reply (hopefully tomorrow).

Message 8 of 27

okay thanks. Would I be best to open a new thread "FAO Talk Talk employee" or will they find this thread?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 27

Yes, the staff on this community only work normal office hours, so hopefully they will get back to you tomorrow and may be able to arrange a replacement router for you to try.

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 10 of 27

So what happens now? I still have the problem. Are there any actual Talk Talk employees where that will see to it my service is restored to being fit for purpose? 

0 Likes

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 11 of 27

I don't have any other routers. I guess talk talk would have to send me one because this is obviously not a satisfactory situation.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hi

There are a number of wifi channels in use around you so this could be a wifi congestion issue.  You could try a different model router to see if it performs any better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 13 of 27

Tried that. Still the same I'm afraid.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hi

Have a look at the below article from our help section :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Change-your-wireless-channel/ta-p/2204684

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 15 of 27

No, not yet. How would I go about doing that?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hi,

Have you tried changing the wifi channels ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 17 of 27

I managed to fix it safety pin in the wee reset hole on the back of the router. Still need to fix the WiFi latency problem though 🤔

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 18 of 27

@Polentone71, staff will be back on here during the day. I'll alert them that you need help. 

CSs are volunteers, so it's very much simply as and when we have time that you'll get support from fellow customers. 

Staff reply during business hours Monday-Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 19 of 27

In the absence of any help I went into my router settings to see if I could fix it myself. Bad mistake. I've managed to disable my router and can't enable it again. Guess I'll have to chat with an agent next time I have some free time. What a carry on.

0 Likes

Polentone71
First Timer
Message 20 of 27

I finally found time to jump on my PC and it's easier to get around the site than on my mobile phone. 

Problem could be this?

"Your Wi-Fi latency has been high for this device

This means we cannot guarantee online gaming or making calls over the internet over Wi-Fi on this device.

Reduce your Wi-Fi usage on this device. If this problem persists, please ....... on live chat."

That I believe might be my android iptv box that is being referred to. 

0 Likes