Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Tartanarmy1
Chat Champion
Message 14 of 14

Hi all,

I am not going to waste too much of my own time by rambling on but thought I'd have one more try at trying to resolve my issues. Broadband drops outs 5-6 times a day randomly and is very frustrating.

Bit of background on my time with talktalk so far.

1. Offered me 24 a month but charged me 26 a month. Took half a dozen phone calls  and many hours to sort. Apparently they withdrew the 24 a month offer and I should have known (telepathically I presume). Anyways talktalk apologised and 24 was reinstated....only for talktalk to increase prices mid contract and I am back on 26.

2. Talktalk engineer set our broadband up for us but later we discovered it had been done incorrectly (words of a second talk talk engineer who came out to try and fix our connection issues.

3. We have now had two talk talk engineers and one open reach engineer come out. Our connection is still dropping out. 

Having looked online and following every since bit of advice I can't seem to get this issue sorted. I give up.

Now counting down the days until my talk talk contract is done and I can move on to another provider.

Lost so many hours of my time trying to get the service I pay for.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 14

Ok thank you I will look out for it. Hopefully it solves it. Will report back. 

Message 3 of 14

Hi Tartanarmy1

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Chat Champion
Message 4 of 14

Yes thanks Debbie it's worth a try I think... don't understand why it drops out so much.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Tartanarmy1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Funnily enough the first engineer said it might be the router but he didn't feed this back to talktalk. The call handlers basically said I was lying because their records didn't show that.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

No that has not been tried. I suggested it to a call handler but they kept going on and on about following their help pages. I of course have already done this but they wouldn't agree to trying s new router.

0 Likes

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 8 of 14

In your or TalkTalks attempts to solve the problem has a new or different router been tried?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

All I can say is that team here will be happy to look into your broadband issues, give them a chance, wait until they respond. 

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 14

Thank you but I have to be honest I don't have any hope. I have been here before multiple times. I end up getting pointless texts saying we have tested your line and it's ok . Which makes sense because it works when it works but doesn't when it doesn't. I then get an engineer who turns up and is clueless and picks a random menial thing or refers to open reach. Open reach turn up and say the speed is fine. Again it works.when it works. Then I spend.the next weeks suffering from flashing amber lights randomly  and I am back at square one. 

Never had this level of trouble with broadband before.

To top it off talktalk are now sending me emails inviting me to sign up for super duper speed broadband. To be fair it makes me laugh but feels like they are rubbing it in! I digress.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

This has been flagged up to the support team, they will look at the broadband issue for you as soon as they can when they are back online from Monday. 

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Chat Champion
Message 12 of 14

Haha I've asked for help multiple times now. All I can do is moan. Asking for help is futile with talk talk. I have tried phoning, chat, engineers, open reach and this forum. A year into my contract and still the problems persist. Amber light flashes and my "faster" fibre broadband cuts off multiple times a day. If it's not cutting off my streaming is ridiculously poor.

Talktalk are doomed. Not a chance this company will survive long term. This will be a one stop contract for me. 

Apart from the methods above can you suggest another solution? 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 13 of 14

@Tartanarmy1 , do you want help or just to have a good moan ?

What product do you have and exactly what is the issue ?

0 Likes