Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding HG633 - Ports still closed when checked

SteviePorter
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I am attempting to Forward a couple of ports to host a Dedicated server. I have set up a Static IP for the Host. I have set up the Rules for the Forwarding in Port Mapping. 

for reference -

Static IP 192.168.1.2 Port 27016 Ptl TCP/UDP

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
The port forwarding was a success. Thanks for the help guys.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Sorry, I assumed you were doing this, it is down to the application to open the ports anyway. Are you sure that you have no firewall running on your Windows 10 machine?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Windows 10 x64

I added 27016 as TCP and UDP and neither seem accessible from the network.

I have also tried with a phone off the network and still get the same results.

(Edit) Something I found ... " HG633 ports are only opened while the application is running."

Loading the dedicated server and then testing the ports again may give different results, I will report back after testing.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Serval issues here. No internet port checker is compatible with any UDP ports, due to the significantly different way they work compared to TCP.

If your WAN IP address changes as it will, it will never work reliably. You need to use a DDNS service for that. Your static address refers to the address allocated by the router to your device.

To test UDP ports you need to use a smartphone, disconnect it from your WiFi & try it via 3/4G.

What about your desktop pc, what OS is it running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

It's a Steam game server (Space Engineers) and yes it's Windows10 (so windows firewall is there, and i have added a rule for the port)

27016 is UDP acccording to the forwarding tips.

https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/dedicated-servers.html

There is mention of needing a Static IP ... but I assume that port forwarding should still work even if my 78.*** address changes to a 79.*** for example.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Perhaps you could explain what sort of server this is then? I am very surprised that your desktop PC is not running a firewall, is it a Windows OS?

The port 27016, is this TCP or UDP?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

There isn't a "firewall" running per-say. The dedicated server is running off my desktop pc.

I am checking with the site YouGetSignal.com - port checking service.

Port 27016 is closed on 78.***.**.**.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi @SteviePorter 

Michelle has asked me to help you. Have you created an inbound rule in your server's firewall for this port. How are you testing this?

Keith

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

@KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any advice?

Thanks