would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with social media access

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Lorryb8
Chatterbox

For the last few weeks we have had trouble accessing social media, Twitter, Facebook etc. We can access these on various devices using 4g hence I know that there are no issues at our end. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone to the 'help line' which could not seem to accept that there was a problem. None of our settings have been altered in any way and I believe that the problem is with the router. I asked for a new router to be sent but this simple request was denied.....I even offered to return the other router at my expense. The internet has thrown up that this is a persistent and common problem with TalkTalk and I am disgusted that this obviously 'known' issue is being ignored. I really regret moving from Sky. 

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi lorryb8, welcome to the community. Try changing the DNS settings in the router. This often helps

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lorryb8,

Has this previously worked ok with this router? Which router are you using? (make and model) Do you also use HomeSafe?

Thanks

Highlighted
Lorryb8
Chatterbox

No I don't use homesafe.....no settings have been changed.

[removed pic of router label]

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lorryb8,

Can you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your community profile so that we can identify you on our systems

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Lorryb8
Chatterbox

This is now done. I am slightly confused that that's the only way you can identify me! I hope this is not delaying tactics as it's getting very frustrating.

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Lorryb8, no not a delaying tactic simply procedure, the OCE team here are great at getting things done but rely on our responses to make progress.

I'm sure you will get some progress during tomorrow.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lorryb8

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version and I can't see any issues.

Please can you log into My Account and check the HomeSafe settings?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Lorryb8
Chatterbox

I don't believe I have or have ever had home safe.....I have not downloaded it. No settings of any kind have been altered by me. I have already spent 45 minutes on th phone with someone who has checked everything. If this situation cannot be resolved within the next 24 hours then please send me a new router to try. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lorryb8,

HomeSafe isn't downloaded. it's just enabled or disabled and works at the router. As it can affect social media access can you log into My Account and check to see if it's enabled or disabled. If it is disabled can you try enabling it and disabling it again - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Lorryb8
Chatterbox

Thank you I can confirm after much aggravation and inconvenience this has resolved the issue. I find it strange that it's the first time I have ever gone to the homesafe settings page and no other family member has access to this, in fact nothing has been altered since having Talk Talk broadband. I am far from being a happy customer. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lorryb8,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Pleasehelpmenow
First Timer

We haven’t been able to use Instagram, Facebook, tumblr or Pinterest for the last week on out phones or laptops while connected to wifi

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Pleasehelpmenow,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread and can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris