cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems accessing the VPN (Cisco Anyconnect)

21 REPLIES 21
Popular Poster

Dear Community

Please could someone provide some urgent help?

I am experiencing repeated problems trying to access my work's VPN for home working purposes.  I have a D-Link router DSL 3782 which has recently been changed and since this point it has been impossible to access the VPN.

I have spend many hours with both my work's ICT department (who blame TalkTalk) and Talk Talk customer services (who don't seem to have a clue about what is going on) and have told me that Talk Talk does not support VPN use at all.

In a vain attempt to improve matters I have recently placed an order for Faster Fibre but I fear that this will not improve things at all.  I really need to be able to access the VPN in order to be able to work remotely and if I can't get this resolved I shall have to change ISP.

Please could someone help - I would be most grateful.

Gingerpeach

Gingerpeach
Community Star

First off if the firmware is still V1.08 it will need updating to V1.10, as the older firmware blocks VPN traffic. What version is yours running? Then the DNS servers in the Internet configuration of the router will need changing to Google DNS, because you are using a Cisco client. Please PM me & I will tell you how to do this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Popular Poster

Hello Keith

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly.  I really appreciate it as I have been at my wits end about this issue!

I'm afraid that I am a bit of a techno-phobe so I don't really know how to find out which version of firmware I have running.  Similar with the DNS servers - I'm not altogether sure what a DNS server is letalone how to change it.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Gingerpeach

Gingerpeach
Community Star

OK let's deal with this one stage at a time. Please log into the router, then to find the firmware version, go to:-

Management > System Settings

Look in the Device Information section

It will either be V1.08 or V1.10, please let me know which version you have.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Popular Poster

Hello Keith

Many thank for your patience.

I have been trying - without any success to login to my D-Link router.  Is there any other way of finding out which version I have.

Apologies

GP

Gingerpeach
Community Star

You will need to be able to log into the router.

In your browser, please go to:-

http://192.168.1.1

At the login screen enter a username of:-

admin

(all lower case). The password is the admin one, not the WiFi one:-

DSL-3782 Rear Label.jpg

Keith

Popular Poster

Thanks for this Keith - I am now logged in and looking for device information.

Gingerpeach
Popular Poster
Firmware Version:

v1.10t
Gingerpeach
Popular Poster

Hello Keith - it looks like I am on version 10 already.

Gingerpeach
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gingerpeach

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Updated profile

Thanks

Gingerpeach

Hi Gingerpeach

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I can see that your router has the latest firmware update. I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Yes please Debbie

That would be really great.  Thanks for all your help with this.

Gingerpeach

Gingerpeach

Hi Gingerpeach

No problem 🙂

The replacement HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster
Debbie - Many thanks for this - I shall let you know how I get on.

Fingers crossed!
Gingerpeach
Popular Poster

Hello Debbie

I have just taken delivery of the new superouter so thanks for sending it.  The only problem is that it is yet another D-LINK DSL 3782 - which is the same as I've already got!

I was under the impression that you were going to send me a different model? a Huawei?

Many thanks

Gingerpeach

Gingerpeach

Hi

I'm sorry about this, Debbie did raise an escalation to request a Huawei model. 

I;ll raise this again and explicitly request that only a Huawei model is sent.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

Hello Karl

I'm afraid another D-LINK DSL 3782 arrived in the post this morning.  I have now got 3 of them!  I was hoping to get a Huawei to try and resolve my VPN connection problems.  Please could you resend me a Huawei as I really need to resolve the problems with the VPN so that I can work at home or I will have to change broadband supplier (which would be a shame as otherwise I don't have any issues with TalkTalk)

Many thanks

Gingerpeach

Gingerpeach

Hi Gingerpeach

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have escalated this to our warehouse team and requested that a HG633 is sent.

You should receive this within the next 48hrs. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie