would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems with DSL-3782 router

8 REPLIES 8
Andrewww
Chatterbox

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to my workplace's Palo Alto Networks GlobalProtect VPN using my DSL-3782 router. The VPN shows that it is connected, however the connection is suuuuper slow to the point of unusability as everything just times out.

Connecting the laptop using a mobile phone hotspot, or taking it to another location works fine.  A second laptop tested at the same home broadband site gets the same issue. However both computers work fine at my in-laws' house using an older, HG633 router. 

Looking at other posts other users had the same issues and were able to get their routers replaces.

Would it be possible to have this arranged, please?

Many thanks,

Andrew

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Andrew,

There is now new firmware for the 3782 that fixes this problem. I will ask the OCEs to upgrade your router for you. Please make sure that your community profile is up to date.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Andrewww
Chatterbox

Hi, 

My profile is up to date. Can you please confirm when and how will this update happen?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I can't confirm when it will be done, as I am just a customer myself, I do not work for TalkTalk. Hopefully, it will be done tomorrow depending on the OCEs workload and it will be done remotely by them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Andrewww
Chatterbox

Thank you.

Having done a little searching I can see here that the routers should upgrade themselves automatically in which case it has not worked as we were unable to connect yesterday.

Looking here I can see that other users had their firmware manually upgraded and it did not resolve the issue.

Can we please try with a different router as I have been trying to get this issue resolved with chat/phone support to no avail and I am incurring costs having to use mobile data and I am frustrated to the point of thinking of leaving.

Please, let this be a good experience

KeithFrench
Community Star

It is not yet on general release as far as I know, so there is no automatic upgrade. Currently, the routers are being upgraded as & when people raise this issue. I said before that hopefully, this will all be done tomorrow for you. It is the TalkTalk OCEs that make the decision to upgrade you or replace the router, not me.

Keith

Community Team

Hi Andrewww

I've updated your router, give this a try and see if it works.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Andrewww
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

Thank you for trying. 

It didn't work, but it came with a nasty surprise as lots of my other devices started having connection issues too. 

Can you please send a replacement older model that has a proven track record of working? 

Much appreciated,

Community Team

Hi

Alternative router on the way to you.

Thanks

Karl.