would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Profile adjustment

17 REPLIES 17
Babs J
Team Player

Hi there,

Could you please adjust my line to a 15dB profile and avoid it switching down from that? I'm aware it's slower and I accept that.

Thanks,

Barbara Down

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Barbara

The TalkTalk team do not have a manual line profile option. Strategic Dynamic Line Management optimises the line performance balancing speed against stability.

Is there a perfomance issue that you'd like investigated?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Babs J

Apologies, we are no longer able to change the profile, this is managed by DLM.

Thanks

Debbie

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_DebbieHi Debbie, many thanks for your reply. Today our internet is incredibly slow - please can you see what can be done to speed it up please?

Community Team

Hi Babs J

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've optimised your connection and the speed has increased to just under 7mb.

Please let us know how the connection/speed compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_DebbieThanks Debbie but it is still really slow. I am now in London and can't believe the different in speed where I am staying. My husband tested the speed and it was 2.51 MB download speed - we weren't doing anything else at the time such as streaming or downloading.

Grateful if you can help us further please.

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_DebbieHi Debbie, here is a screenshot of our download speed.

71098505_2088885067879750_6628141694674010112_n.jpg

Community Team

Hi Babs J,

Just to confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when you're running the speed tests?

Thanks

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_MichelleHi Michelle, this would have been wirelessly on my husband's laptop. It seems to have got much slower over the past couple of weeks.

Community Team

Hi Babs J,

Thanks for confirming this. Could you run a wired speed test to see how the speeds compare. What speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_MichelleI will give it a go when I get back home. I don't know what the wired speed was though but it is definitely much slower recently.

Thanks!

Community Team

Hi Babs J,

Ok thanks. If the wired speeds are faster then please let us know and we can look further into the wireless speeds.

Thanks

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_MichelleHi Michelle, the speed is considerably better today - 6.1 for both wired and wireless. But I don't understand why some days it is really slow and then others, like today, it is okay. Are you able to explain that please? Also, I have tried a few times to go with fast fibre but each time, as soon as I have signed up for it, I get messages saying that there is a technical problem. Why is that? I have looked on the Talk Talk website and it says for my area that it is not possible. Yet my neighbours with BT etc have it. Thanks.

"Sorry, our line check shows you aren't able to get any TalkTalk packages We can't currently bring any broadband plans to your area but we're expanding our UK network all the time so please check back again soon. "
Community Team

Hi

Your line is in sync at 7mb and all looks as it should.  Looking back over the line history for the last week, the snr has fluctuated but only by a little so nothing is standing out.

With regard to fibre, BT can often install a fibre cabinet in an area but other ISP's such as ourselves then have to wait for this to be opened up to us with sufficient capacity to provide the fibre service.

Thanks

Karl. 

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_Karl Thanks for explaining that Karl - but it doesn't explain why it was so slow last week - please see the screenshot posted earlier that my husband took of the speed test then, which was way below 7.

Community Team

Hi Babs J,

If it was only the wireless speeds affected then this may have been due to wireless interference. Have both the wired and wireless speeds been ok over the weekend?

Thanks

Babs J
Team Player

@OCE_MichelleHi Michelle, I didn't test the speed over the weekend but it is definitely quicker again. Next time it slows down we will test the wired speed and get back in touch. Thanks.

Community Team