Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROUTER RESTARTING BY ITSELF

haxelfebl
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Over the last few weeks, my router at various times during the day has been reset, but not by me or anyone in my household, when the internet drops out I check status and DSL is showing uptime is only a few seconds, it is not every day but it is becoming quite frequent. 
I understand updates are sometimes needed, but I thought these happened overnight except in exceptional circumstances (e.g. zero day vulnerability fix). But there have been too many of late. 
I have run hardware checks and nothing comes up and speed is fine, but it is very inconvenient when trying to work from home. 
Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do or can someone check to see if there is an intermittent fault. 
many thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi haxelfebl

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 2 of 4

If it was just the internet connection dropping I would suspect a possible fault on the line but I wouldn't imagine a line fault would cause the router to reboot. Do you have a spare router you can try?

If you would like TalkTalk staff to help, it's best to make sure your forum profile is updated with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account (don't post personal details on the thread though).

Also, staff on this forum generally don't work weekends so it may take a few days for them to reply.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

It is not clear if you mean the DSL connection is dropping and reconnecting or the router actually restarting.

If it really is restarting then all WiFi SSIDs would stop broadcasting and LAN connections drop, does that happen ?

Exactly what does the router log show ?

0 Likes