Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain turning internet off

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Hi, every time it rains my internet goes off. It even happens in a slight shower. Could water be getting into the cable from the pole to my

house? The internet cuts out and the hub shows an orange light. It takes ages to come back on and can cut out multiple times during the rain shower. What do I do? Only does it when it rains. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Claire426,

I've replied to your PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Claire426,

I've booked the engineer visit for September 14 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 14

Confirm. AM any day please

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Claire426,

If you'd like us to arrange and engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 14

Hi, yes please arrange a visit. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

OK thanks for trying that. The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 14

Hi Chris, yes there is a phone connected and there is a dial tone and no noise on line. It is not raining today though (yet) so cannot comment on whether it is an issue with dial tone or noise when the error occurs. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

OK thanks, do you currently have a landline telephone connected? If you do, could you just check for a dial tone and any noise on the line

Chris

0 Likes

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 14

Hi Chris, sorry we don’t really use the landline phone so I can’t say if there have been any issues with it or noise. It’s only when it rains the internet cuts out and the router light changes to a solid orange light. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Claire426,

I can see that your internet connection is dropping, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

Probably best to let the staff here on the community look into this for you, rather than phoning up or using the live chat. They should be able to reply tomorrow to help further.

0 Likes

Claire426
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 14

Thanks. Yes I tried to contact them but all they said was it was working fine and wouldn’t listen to what I was saying about the internet going down and light on router going orange every time it rains. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Claire426,

The staff here will be able to run some tests on your connection, however it is possible they might not detect a fault if the weather is dry when they run the tests.

Alternatively you can 'Run a live connection test' from the Service Centre, if it was possible for you to run this from another connection (i.e. a mobile phone using data) whilst your TalkTalk connection was having problems then it might be more likely to detect the fault.

It would be worth just running a test now, just to see if it detects any issue or not.

0 Likes