Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re Emails from TalkTalk : Broadband issue

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer
Dear Talk Talk Customer Team,

Account no: obscured for customer security

I regretfully bring the matter to your notice once again. 

Already put my grievances several time, in my email but so far no ultimate result.  

According to your letter attach you are advising me of the action that be taken against my for switching to new provider. I in my position forced to go for this alternate solution. And probably I will go to Consumer Forum to settle this issue.

According to the contract I was suppose to get the connection by 7th of the Month but uptil now no connection. My children been suffering by running here and there to complete their assignment.  They have to their exams coming up and unable to do their work. How strange.  Just because I change my provider.  

My son and me have been calling the customer service and in turn asked to be patient and they do this test and that test.  You for the first stance should have deputed the engineer and fixed the internet and installed the connection rather than despaching the rooter and asking us to fixed it by ourselves.  Even when you are unsuccessful in fixing the problem the customer service ensure the engineer will be send and do the needful the next day.  I take off stay home with no trace of engineer. With frustration calls the customer service and after almost an hour get to talk to somebody, again another test, then promise of engineer being booked. 

No trace of engineer, when again wasting time calls customer service get the answer there is no booking been made with engineer on their system.  Make sure they then booked the engineer for sure.

Fortunately unfortunately Engineer come almost at the end of his shift looks into the matter calls the office, no response at the office - say end of the shift goes off.

We take time to call the customer service, they then see their system take the information, note engineers reading again advise another test, then booking of engineer.  

Finally last Friday that is 14th Feb - after lapse of 7 days comes another Engineer, he checks all possibilities and go and check the main board connection says there is some major defect and and dont know when the problem be solved.  I wasted 5 days of my work to make present when engineer come. 

The funny thing to realise I was on the line with customer service and to my horror and frustration they once again advised me that no such engineer been booked according to their system and at the same time my son comes and informs me that the engineer is at the door.  That clearly clarifies there is no professionalism in handling the situation.  Whilst on line with customer service am giving to know engineer not booked and at the same time engineer at the door.

However from the engineer's point of view, he does not know when actually the internet is going to be activated as it is a long process.

I cant wait on and forsee my children studies getting affected. My work being challenged because of internet.  Over more my excuses at work to attend the to the engineer. The frustration we all the house members going through.

I am going to addressed this issue to Consumer Forum for solution. As you are aware I have alternatively approached to another provider.  

You have no approach to your service.  All the Talk Talk so far provider is lack of support to my children in studies, frustration, loss of revenue due to non attendnce to work,  My wife and house members getting angry with frustration.  I missed all the events that I look forward and enjoy.

However I give you one last day that is tomorrow the 17th February 2020 to finalise this problem or else I am going to write and approach the Consumer Forum and also go ahead to change the provider for better service.

Awaiting for positive response.

Nicholas Fernandes
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Nicholas

Your post has been moved to the Broadband forum to its own topic so that you get individual attention.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add any relevant other notes about the fault and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi NickJohn17

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks