Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad broadband with no light at the end of the tunnel

briantomkinson
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

So, I have had to come back on here again! With, yet another problem to the endless futile subject that is TalkTalk.

It is not free!!!!! Actually they should be paying me, for the amount of hours I put into maintaining my broadband.

So problem this time was, intermittent and slow broadband, the same as the last problem and the previous 10 months of problems!! We will just call this "THIS PROBLEM"

So THIS PROBLEM is intermittent and very slow broadband, whilst typing this I have been disconnected twice so far. But, when I call customer dis-service, the computer systems are ALL down for maintenance, so there is nothing that they can do as they cannot get into the system, all they can do is answer the phone and say "sorry there is nothing I can do as all the systems are down for maintenance!" 

THIS PROBLEM has already had an "Openreach engineer check the street box and an Openreach engineer check the server" I put this in "" as I don't think anything was actually checked and the test that is run is purely a continuation test and proves nothing except a phone line is present! Then on Saturday an actual TalkTalk engineer came to the premises to run some tests, this involved logging into the router and saying well that has passed the requirement, I also ran a test and 0.21Mbps is a little different from the 2.6 that the router is saying I have! Also a very noisy phone line does have an impact on broadband speed, so how is it actually passing the test?

THE PROBLEM needs to be fixed, permanently.

As an aside to the previous. This is my chat on fb today:

One moment and I'll get you chatting with one of the team.

This conversation will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes and may be used in the future to help us deal with your queries quicker. To find out how we will use your data, visit talktalk.co.uk/privacy.

Just so you know with messaging you may not always receive an immediate response from us so feel free to carry on with your day.

What’s your TalkTalk Home Telephone number and your full name please?

I actually cannot be bothered with talking to yet another automated system or a complaints manager that cannot manage

In fact I would like my last two months payments returned to me and all my TalkTalk contracts cancelling

I am sorry to know that you are unhappy with our service, can I have your TalkTalk Home Telephone number and your full name please? also can you tell me more about the issue you are having, thanks

Well the issue is intermittent and slow broadband, eleven Openreach engineers and three TalkTalk engineers have failed to solve this problem, two complaints managers have failed to manage the problem, the computer systems are down today for maintenance, so the faults team are unable to solve the problem, but if you think you can

I have tried calling to no avail, tried the TT community site no luck. So I thought I may as well have a pop here?

0********** Brian T********

Let check the status of your account Brian. Thanks

good luck with that. as the computers are down?

Since our system is currently updating, could you send me a message after 2-3 hour's. As much as I would love to run a test here I am unable to do so. Thank you for your kind understanding. Also, for further assistance in the future, you can also visit our help site at https😕/community.talktalk.co.uk

Then I was asked three questions?

So obviously nothing has was or will be resolved!!

Tomo
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks for that Debbie, or should I say Thanks for the nothing that you couldn't do because of the ineptitude of TalkTalk. But there is possibly light at the end of the tunnel, as I signed up for Virgin Media today, the same cost as TalkTalk, but they have guaranteed me a minimum of 50Mbps, a whole 49.9Mbps than I am currently getting. 

So in the end TalkTalk have lost another loyal customer because they seem unable to do the most basic of things!

TalkTalks answer?...

We're sorry to hear you're moving your services to another broadband provider.

We'd love you to stay, and because we know value matters, we'd like to help you find a new plan that works for you with Faster Fibre from as little as £19.95 a month. It could save you the hassle of leaving, and we're the only major provider to guarantee no mid-plan broadband price rises for the entire length of your contract.

Hassle of leaving? surely that is hassle of staying, as for Faster Fibre, won't be available in my area until...… "there are no plans to bring it into the area until after 2025?" And all providers are now stating that they will have no in contract price rises, for the duration of your contract.

So the three "selling points" for staying are all blown out of the water!

Tomo
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi briantomkinson

As you have an open complaint we are unable to provide any further assistance via the Community. This will need to be discussed with the complaints manager.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes, as the problem obviously has not been fixed, I obviously still have an open complaint, not that it makes one fig of a difference. The service is  still as shoddy regardless of how you try to interact with it. Spent 5 hours online today without even a single response. Spent two hours twice yesterday on the phone only to be told that they can't do anything as there is an open complaint, posted on here days ago, only to be asked if there is an open complaint!!!!

YES THERE IS AN OPEN COMPLAINT THAT HAS BEEN OPEN FOR MONTHS WITHOUT SOLUTION!! YES THE FAULT IS STILL SLOW AND INTERMITTENT BROADBAND AND HAS BEEN FOR MONTHS YET AGAIN, YES THE SERVICE HAS BEEN INNEFFECTIVE AND SLOW AND SHODDY. YES I WANT TO CANCEL ALL OF MY TALKTALK ACCOUNTS ASAP AND YES I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE COMPANY.

I RECOMMEND THAT ANY ONE THINKING OF HAVING TALKTALK RETHINKS THEIR CHOICE, AS THERE IS NOTHING TO RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY, NOT EVEN THE PRICE ANYMORE.

I WANT THE LAST THREE MONTHS MONEY BACK, AS I HAVE NOT HAD EVEN HALF THE SERVICE I HAVE PAID FOR AND I WANY IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION OF ALL TALKTALK SERVICES, I WOULD LIKE TO BE PAID FOR ALL THE ENGINEERING WORK THAT I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO DO TO EVEN MAINTAIN THE CRAP SERVICE THAT I HAVE HAD OR AT LEAST COMPENSATED FOR ALL THE LOST HOURS/DAYS THAT I HAVE HAD TO ENDURE. BUT AS YOUR COMPANY IS SOOO VERY BAD AT EVERYTHING, I DON'T EXPECT ANY OF THIS TO HAPPEN WITHIN MY LIFETIME.

Tomo
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi briantomkinson

I'm sorry to hear this.

Do you still have an open complaint?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes