Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Rebooting DSL 3782 Router has disconnected wireless devices

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle, 

I have checked with my wife, and I do not have any timed uploads or downloads at that time.

Here are the test results at 9am this morning - all normal and speed is good.

new ping and tracert test am.PNG

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The trace looks normal for a DSL connection. I would expect the hop times to be between 30 - 50ms.

Can you run the trace when the connection slows so we can see if this changes.

Also, worth checking if the speed is also slow on your other devices at the same time. If it was just one device, then there could be something happening such as AV updates etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl, I posted the results when things are slow in the previous post, here they are again below.  Just to confirm the speed drop is across all the devices. Thanks, Calum 

tracert test.PNGping test.PNG

Highlighted

Hi

Those traces do indicate an issue.  I can see the SNR is dropping low also.

Line tests are clear and looking down the results at the various voltage and resistance levels, nothing stands out, and the line has a good AC balance.

Is there anything nearby the house that could cause this, are you near any industrial sites, shop next door, led street lighting directly outside etc that could account for this  ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Re. "are you near any industrial sites, shop next door, led street lighting directly outside etc that could account for this?"

That is a pretty broad question!  

We live in central Edinburgh.  There are shops nearby.  No industrial sites.  I don't know of LED street lighting.  I would not have an idea of what nearby issues would affect us at that time of day.

Could you send out an engineer to put us onto another DT (is that the term?) - if that would help or do you have another suggestion? 

Thanks, Calum 

Highlighted

Hi Calum842,

Do you experience the performance issue at the same time each and every day, including weekends?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris, yes it is same time every day, M-F.  I don't use the computers at the weekend, so no data for weekend use.

Highlighted

Hi Calum842,

Would it be possible to check it over the weekend just to confirm that it does happen everyday and isn't just limited to weekend. Just thinking it may give us some insight into what could be causing the problem

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi again, the weekend results for the same period were normal.  

weekend results.PNG

Highlighted

Hi Calum842,

Thanks for testing this. Could you post all the pings and traces routes into the thread as plain text as I'm unable to copy the images. I can then pass this over to our Network Team and ask them to take a look at the drop in speeds at these specific times during the week.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

I'm sorry I was not able to copy the text from the cmd prompt.  It doesn't allow for copying.

Highlighted

Hi Calum842,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've been looking into this further and I can see a really high number of errored seconds on the line which can affect the speed and the performance of the connection and at times the SNR is also dropping very low which can also affect the throughput speeds.

The line test is clear. Could I just confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can see how the errored seconds compare.

I've also optimised the connection now and the SNR has increased. Could you let me know if the throughput speed drops again between 3-5pm today now that this has been completed please?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Calum842,

How have you found the connection since your last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle, 

We only have one port, there isn't another.

However, I can report the speed didn't drop during the afternoon hours as we had discussed before.

So that's good news.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted