Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reciever adaptor

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Popular Poster

My receiver adaptor has stopped working, no lights on it at all, tried turning off and on again but won't turn on.

Highlighted
Community Star

Exactly what piece of equipment are you talking about?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I'm not great with stuff like this but it's a D-Link model DHP-W310AV

the transmitter adaptor works but the receiver has stopped working.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, you have the original TalkTalk powerline adapters that just extend a wired connection over the mains electricity.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and decide what to do.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1  

That's one of our powerline adapters.

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile 

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just added number thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Can you check the phone number is correct, I can only find a disconnected account with that number.

If in doubt, dial 17070 from the home phone and it will confirm the number.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hubby ended up on the phone for 3hrs over a wk ago and they said we have probs with our signal and then on phone an hr on Monday night, finally told it was the router so we received a new one today, all set up with new cables but still no tv light on the router, giving up hope of having a working service. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1

Did you dial 17070 from your landline and then update your Community Profile with this telephone number?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

It's the right number, hubby was on phone with them last night, still no broadband tv and now told to wait another 72 hrs while yet more tests carried out, been without the tv since 31st July now plus we pay for amazon prime that I can't watch through talktalk tv.  Don't know why after 9 days that an engineer can't sort it. Hubby just wants to leave.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1

I'm unable to locate any details with the number in your Community Profile.

Please can you send me a Private Message with your TalkTalk account number (please do not post this on the thread)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sorry had 2 numbers the wrong way round, have amended it. 👍

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is the TV box connected wired or using powerline adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Using power line adaptors.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The transmitter one (closest to router) has 2 lights on but the receiver closest to TV box has non, tried turning on and off but no lights come on.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1

Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to connect wired (just for testing) to rule out any issues with the powerline adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The tv is to far away and too heavy to move plus wires won't reach.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JWallace1

Have you also tested the powerline adapter at a different mains electrical wall socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Managed to unpin some wires from round the skirting and stretch both router and box across the room, router now working so guessing it must be the powerline adaptor at fault 👍

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Happy now I know it's working but can't leave them stretched across the middle of my floor 😁