Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnection after an OpenReach engineer?

emjayti
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

When I got home from work on Tuesday,  I had no Internet connection and my TalkTalk WiFi Hub had a solid amber light.

After a few rounds of turn it off/wait/turn it on again, I contacted TalkTalk. They were helpful and said an engineer would be out in 24-72 hours.

Yesterday I received the following text:

• TalkTalk Update: An engineer has recently done some repair works on your line, and your connection might take a few days to adjust and we will monitor that closely. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you're having any further issues, please visit Service Centre https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/

Now, my internet is still completely down. This includes after a couple more trusty reboots!

Anyone know how long this is likely to take?

Chasing this on a tiny mobile screen is so frustrating! 

Cheers! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi emjayti,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @emjayti,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this may indicate if there is still a fault affecting your service, and may give you more info if there is still some pending work planned. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat this evening or over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.