would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Red Internet Light on Router

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
arowlands
First Timer

Hello. My internet stopped working suddenly about two weeks ago, the white light on the router turning to red. Since then I've had an engineer visit my flat, been sent 5 new routers (none worked) and spent many hours on phone call & support chats. All to no avail. I am told there is no problem with my line and talktalk's only suggestion is "we will send you a new router". I only have a small flat and it's now stacked floor to ceiling with routers! (do they have an environmental policy - it's an awful lot of wasted plastic and packaging).

Has anyone else had this problem, and successfully resolved it? It seems talktalk's technical staff are clueless.

(Also, when I asked to cancel my service, they said I would need to pay a £140 termination fee!!)

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Really sorry to hear this.

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details and look into this.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
arowlands
First Timer

Phone number has been added 

Highlighted
arowlands
First Timer

Spoke to the technical support again on Friday, and after being offered yet another router, I asked to speak with the manager. Manager told me an openreach (?) engineer would visit me today (Monday) between 1-6pm. After taking the afternoon off work, the engineer never arrived. Back onto technical support now (37 mins into a call on which I have been offered yet another router).

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've made a change here, reboot the router and retest - see if you can access internet.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
arowlands
First Timer

I have rebooted my router and my internet is now working! Thanks for sorting this out. As I have been paying for nearly 3 weeks of broadband that I haven't received, how do I claim for compensation? I also have an engineer booked to visit my house this week, could you cancel this for me?

Many Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi arowlands

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If you contact our Customer Service Team using Live Chat then they can discuss this further.

Debbie