cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reduced synch sped

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi braindeed,

The connection drop was due to a profile change.

Did you run the speed test on a device connected to your router by ethernet cable or wifi?

As DLM has changed your profile could you leave the router connected to the test socket over the weekend and we'll see if it makes any further changes

Chris

Conversation Starter

As I've been having to suffer this awful connection for months now a few more days will make little difference.  What change to profile?  IP Profile which is what I requested around 4 months ago?  The connection has been tested via WiFi, via Ethernet, via different devices and now on different routers, using different RJ11, Rj45, different Microfilters and unsurprisingly it is still much lower than it was.  I would like to know why you're asking about  Wifi or Ethernet os this seeing as its my synch speed which has dropped by 25%, you do realise the difference I hope.

Conversation Starter
Had to reboot the router just before 11pm as all Wifi traffic stopped to the laptop , 2 pcs and 2 phones connected to it. I tried one of the laptops into it via ethernet and connected worked fine 27-28Mbps(Obviously still a lot lower than the 38-44Mbps I had been getting) down and 7-9Mbps up. Once router reconnected, again at a a subpar synch speed of 29845Kbps all devices worked fine, via ethernet and WiFi. The Wifi on these routers is terrible.

Hi braindeed,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could you confirm if the router is still connected at the test socket at the moment and we can ask our Network Team to take a look at the drop in sync speed.

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Yes

OK thanks. I've raised this to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks
Chris

Conversation Starter

Bump

Thanks for the bump, I'll chase this up with our network team and get back to you

Chris

Hi braindeed,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM you to confirm some other details

Chris

Conversation Starter
I've replied to your PM, I do not accept any charges as I have followed all your requests and instructions to the letter. As for day or time, any time or day from tomorrow afternoon onwards.

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Conversation Starter
Replied

Thanks for the PM

I've passed on your availability to our network team. I've let you know when I receive confirmation of the date and slot booked

Chris

Hi braindeed,

Sorry for the delay, we're still experiencing problems booking the engineer, I'll try to get an update tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

Conversation Starter
Thanks for the heads up

Hi braindeed,

Sorry, we've still been experiencing problems with the engineer visit but I've noticed that I misread your previous comment about the potential engineer charge (thought you'd confirmed acceptance), I'm sorry but if you're unwilling to accept potential engineer charges then we won't be able to arrange the visit.

Chris

Conversation Starter
I did confirm it, this is getting ridiculous

I'm really sorry, my mistake, I just noticed your comment earlier in the thread and thought I'd misread it, I can see that you confirmed by PM (it's been a long week)

I'll find out if we can now book the engineer and let you know

Chris

I've had no update yet from our network team, so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again

Chris

Conversation Starter
Connection dropped twice over weekend, it has now synced at 42Mbps, throughput hasn't reached anywhere near that maxing at 28Mbps, even testing In the middle of the night but at least its progress. A tad frustrated seeing as I pointed this out 4 months ago, no change has been made internally, 2 routers and having to buy a phone when if I'd been listened to...