Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regularly loses wired and wireless router connections

TraceyW
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi
I have previously spoken to one your colleagues on a number of occasions about a problem I have with my router disconnecting the broadband up to 5 or 6 times a day with phones, laptops and tv all loosing connection.

This has been an ongoing issue for at least 6 months.

The only way to get it going again is to reboot the router.

I have had your colleagues do various tests on my connection...

- had the line checked a number of times,
   - the router firmware has been updated
   - the line has been refreshed directly from the server.

The problem can only be the router itself!

This doesn't just happen when using particular sites and certainly not heavy internet users. Sometimes no one is using the internet via laptop or phones and I only know its dropped again because the tv looses connection.

I am really frustrated with this and it is costing me money as I have to buy extra mobile phone data so that my children can access the internet to do their homework.

Please can you help??

Tracey
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi TraceyW

all tests are showing clear.  I've a replacement router on the way so this can be ruled out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @TraceyW Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes