Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated disconnects

drhmwt
Chatterbox
Message 1 of 10

I'm really being blighted by recurrent disconnects. This has been for weeks/months. The internet will drop, usually for a minute or so , then reconnect, run fine for a while, then disconnect again. They are usually brief but happen multiple times a day which for a family with two adults who do some work remotely, and three children one of whom is still being schooled remotely, causes a lot of problems, especially if our daughter drops out in the middle of a lesson. The talktalk tools initially says "no known faults"   but on doing a line test it says "there';s a problem with our network.. Your services will be affected" 
The phone never seems to be affected. I have the internet plugged into the master socket. I have tried changing routers which makes no difference - my current model is a TP Link Archer VR 2800. I would love to know how to resolve this (ironically I lost connection for 2-3 minute while writing this)

huwie t
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 10

Hi drhmwt

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can't connect to your router.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Yes please. I did repeated line tests and it eventually said there was a fault. An openreach person came and did some work . Was fine for 4 days, but now had about 10 disconnects this morning and it’s only 8 am

huwie t
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi drhmwt,

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

the new  router appeared to resolve everything with good speed and no disconnects but am now starting to see disconnects and periods of very slow speed again

huwie t
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is clear. The sync speed looks consistent, however the connection does look unstable. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

before the new router came an openreach person came after the talktalk online tests said there was a line fault and he did a new master socket etc so i don't think its that. voice line can be a little crackly 

huwie t
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi drhmwt

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket just for testing purposes?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 10

done as requested

huwie t

Message 10 of 10

Morning,

Thanks for trying this. How have you found the stability since the router has been connected at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes