Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reset DLM

35 REPLIES 35
Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi. Just been through to chat as my speed has dropped recently. All they seem to be able to offer is a new router. However a DLM reset in the past has solved my issues. Can someone please due a reset to see if that helps?

Many thanks.

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

I've optimised the connection as requested. Just to confirm, what speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Around 2.5mbps.  Previous high was around 3, but not for years.

Community Team

OK thanks.

How many telephone socket do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Single socket with a single phone. Not aware of any issues with phone line.

Community Team

Does the socket have a telephone port and a dedicated broadband port or does it have a single telephone port with a micro-filter connected?

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Single telephone port with micro filter inserted. Front face is permanently off and I'm plugged into test socket. Always. 

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for confirming this. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi, speed now dropped to 1mbps.  I've tried another router and filter and no change.

The 'chat' person I spoke with yesterday morning intended sending a free one out. I'll wait a day or so and see if it turns up and get back to you.

They offered me a 'bigger and better' one at the reduced rate of £30 (normal price £120ish?), but no idea if any better for me. I only need broadband, no TV package, and am not convinced it will help. Can you advise on that?

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

This sounds like the wifi hub. Please let us know how the connection and speed compares once you receive the replacement router.

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Thanks for your replies.

Engineer visited today after fault reported via your checking service.  He found problem in a joint nearby and he’s now fixed (hopefully).  He also changed the main socket to a newer type.   He’s just left and asked me to get DLM reset again as speed unchanged although fault cleared.

No new router received as yet.

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for the update. I've optimised the connection now. Please let us know how the speed compares over the next 24hrs. It usually takes around 48hrs for the router to arrive. Just to confirm, when did you speak to our Customer Services?

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Thanks.

Speed has just upped a bit to where it was when I first complained last Thurs.  That’s also when I did the ‘chat’ and was told a router would be sent. Guess it hasn’t been.  Can you get one sent or do I need to call?  

I’m hoping for another 1mb to get to my usual speed.  It makes a huge difference!

Much prefer this forum.  You guys are fab! 🙂

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky

I've ordered a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi

Router arrived Friday. Many thanks. 

Normal speed would be around 2.5mb

First complained at 1.5mb

Continued to drop to 1mb

Engineer visit and back to 1.5mb

New router Friday - no change all weekend.

This morning 1.8mb  (DSL uptime showing 5.5hrs ago - around 4am)  Some kind of update?

Is there anything else can be done now? 

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

As you now have a new router I've scheduled DLM optimisation to start tonight. Can you bump the thread on Thursday and we'll see how you are getting on

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi

Connection appears to have reset twice (during the night - last night and the night before). Speed dropped back to 1.5mbps yesterday morning and has not improved since.

Clearly wasn’t a router issue after all, and whatever the engineer fixed on the pole nearby didn’t cure it.  Can it be investigated further? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky

Apologies for this.

I've completed a further line test which is not detecting any faults but I have passed this back over to our Network Team for investigation.

I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky

Our Network Team have asked us to check if you are switching your router off and on daily?

Thanks

Debbie

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi Debbie

No, absolutely not been switched off or tampered with as I know that can affect the DLM.  No power cuts either.

Speed up a bit to 2mb at the moment.

Thanks..