cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reset DLM

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for confirming this. How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi Michelle

Saturday the speed dropped again, back to 1.5mb.  

Sunday I decided to swap back to my ‘old’ router as it clearly isn’t part of the problem. The main reason is because I discovered the range is less with the newest one. We’d been using up all our mobile data with the new router while sitting in our normal spot in the garden!

I’ve  not unplugged or switched anything off other than this.

This morning the speed has dropped again -  now 1mb.

V heavy rain yesterday?

Also, router appears to have reset at 4am this morning. 

Help pls,

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

I've asked our Network Team to take another look and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

I've now received an update to advise that our Network Team have requested for an out of hours card reset to be completed tonight. They have asked if we can monitor for 48hrs once this has been completed. If they can still see drops at the port following this then they will request a lift and shift to be completed.

Could you bump your thread on Wednesday and we can re-check how the stability looks following this.

Thanks

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi

Bumping thread as requested.  No speed changes since last reset. (It reset two nights running which is why uptime is only showing at around 36hrs.)

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi

Line looks stable so I'll reset / Optimise the profile to see if speed improves slightly.

There are some errors on the downstream, so if these do not clear then we may need to arrange an engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Bumping again.

I think it’s safe to suggest, after 3 weeks of this, that no amount of resetting the DLM or changing the router has made a bit of difference.

Can we now escalate to the next level please.  Lift and shift was mentioned, or whatever the engineers think will improve things.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll drop you a PM with the info required to proceed towards an engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for the PM, I've passed your availability on to our network team, we'll let you know when we receive an update

Chris

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Our network team have booked the engineer visit for 22/08 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi,

Engineer came out as arranged on 22nd Aug and he confirmed fault in underground section half a mile from house (or thereabouts). He applied for traffic management as it’s on a road and would probably replace section of cable. Work was done on Friday 30th Aug.  (Saw vans at location that day. Nobody came to house but phone was doing weird noises and went dead a while so I know they were working on my line)

Absolutely no difference in speed or anything at end of day. 😞

Dare I suggest yet another DLM reset for tonight?

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for the update, I've scheduled overnight optimisation for tonight. Can you bump the thread in a couple of days and we'll see how you're getting on

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Hi,

just had a call from a BT engineer checking my line after the fix last Friday.  They reckon all faults are fixed and line is clear and is as good as it will get. 

The reset the other day increased speed from 1.5 to 2. Days later down to 1.8mb where it had sat since. He ran a check this morning and it has gone back to 2mb.  He suggested you may be able to ‘fix’ the SNR and the decibels so that it can’t drop again.  Is that possible?

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Chokkybikky,

Thanks for the update 

I'm sorry, we can't fix the profile, it's automatically manged by DLM and we can't manually override it

Chris

Chokkybikky
Team Player

Ok. Thanks to all who have helped. Much appreciated. 

I suspect I’ll have to wait until Openreach install a cabinet nearer to my house, apparently in the pipeline in another year or two. Meantime I’ll probably go over to 3 Network data sim and a mobile signal broadband.  My neighbour is getting a reliable 25mb with them. I suspect my 2mb will drop down again in the next day or so, so it’s a no brainer.

Bonkers considering I live 3 miles outside a central Scotland town and my sister who lives remotely on the Isle of Skye is getting 260mb superduper fast fibre subsidised by some grant or other! Thank goodness I’ve got a sense of humour....

Thanks again for your help. 

Community Team

Hi

Sorry this is not the result you were looking for and I hope there will be infrastructure improvements in your area in the future that will help.

Regards,

Karl.