Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right to cancel / total loss of service

will1919
Sightseer
Message 7 of 7

Hello, I have had a total loss of service since Saturday so my internet has been down for four days.

When I phone up Talk Talk they either put me on hold for a long time or the customer representative is unsure when it will be resolved.

I urgently need the internet due to work and an existing health condition (I've never had loss of service greater than 24 hours). From my understanding, you have to have a total loss of service for 30 days before being eligible for right-to-cancel. Do you think Talk Talk would be flexible with this due to my concerns? I need to move to a provider which is more reliable and better communication.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi will1919

I have checked the fault ticket, them Openreach engineer is delayed due to lack of resources, once an engineer is available it will be worked, we can only apologise as this is in the hands of Openreach the is nothing we can do to expedite this. 

Once the fault is confirmed as fixed the auto compensation team will look into the compensation within 30 days. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

@will1919, the priority is really getting your service sorted out, so I will move this to the Broadband section of the forum. 

More staff members work there, so your thread has a better chance of being picked up by them and they can check the timescale for you.

However, frequently if the problem is being looked into by Openreach, all that Talktalk can do is keep chasing them for you and reporting back. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello Arne, would you be able to please give me an update? This is the sixth day my broadband has been off so I would really appreciate a reply/update as to what the issue is.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hello Arne, thanks for your message. I've updated my profile with my Talk Talk number. I would appreciate an update as to what;s going on.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi will1919

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Automatic compensation will be awarded c 30 days after this gets resolved, @will1919.

Meanwhile, as long as this has been logged as a fault, they are working on it.

Any other Openreach serviced ISP will be using the same line, so it will still take time to resolve before you can get set up with anybody else.

For staff to identify your account, please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Regarding not giving them time to resolve this, contract rules have not changed.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes