Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Help needed

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Thanks for everyone in the community offering help.

My in-laws router needs replacing. They have been with TalkTalk years and years and in that time they have had a new TV set-top box sent to them but they still have the original router which is now cutting out all the time. It needs replacing ASAP. Please help

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi TimTim2021

Ahh thank you for your kind words 🙂

Please connect the router when it arrives but leave the powerlines in for the TV box.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks again

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Yes they are. As its an old house the telephone point is in their hall so the router is in there and the tv set top box is in the living room next to that. Hopefully the wifi on the new router will be sufficient.

Thanks again for all your help, I have previously not had the best experiences from TalkTalk customer services but you have been wonderful.

Message 3 of 12

Hi TimTim2021

Are the powerlines being used to connect the TV box?

The wireless should be better on the new router so you may not need them now.

Thanks

0 Likes

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 12

Oh ok Debbie. Can I check with you would they even be required now? My in-laws have a new(ish) TalkTalk tv set-top box and now thanks to you a new router is on the way to them - will these two just not pair together and work without the need for anything else?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi TimTim2021

Thanks for your reply.

No sorry, this wouldn't be included with the router. If the powerline adapters are old then they will most likely be out of warranty.

These can be purchased from our online store.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Those are the ones - yes they are power line adaptors. Those are really old too, their connections where the wire plugs into them is loose. Will two new power line adaptors come with the replacement router?

Thanks again for all your help

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi TimTim2021

You're Welcome 🙂

Is this a power line adapter? Wireless Powerline adapter guide

0 Likes

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Thank you so much for your excellent customer service. The router is in my in-laws hallway at their home. Where the router plugs into the mains electric it has a funny plug that has lights on - there is also one of these plugs, with three lights on, on the power lead of the tv set-top box. I  do not know the technical name for these but will replacement ones (if they are even still needed) come with the new router?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 12

Hi TimTim2021

Thank you for creating a new topic on the Community.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

TimTim2021
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Gliwmaeden2 - I have updated my profile, added the TalkTalk account number and my in-laws details so fingers crossed that should be sufficient.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Please check my reply re completing community forum profile details, @TimTim2021, on the thread where you posted earlier. 

This must be done for staff to identify the account etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes