Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues - DNS

devereux
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Not had this problem for quite some time now but started a week ago you will see from the logs that I have had to reboot my router every day as the internet just stops working - Router at each occasion was showing connected with good download and upload speed. 

After rebooting everything seems to come back on however after to doing to for the 6th or 7th day in a run when internet failed I changed the DNS on my PC to Google DNS and found that my computer then could access the internet with no issue whilst all other devices in the house could not, change it back to use router as DNS and internet stops again, so login router and change DNS on router to Google DNS and everything in the house then comes on and all can connect to internet, change it back to Obtain Automatically which uses Talk Talk DNS Server 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80 and everything stops again, it is as though TalkTalk DNS Server seem to stop accepting traffic from my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub until I reboot.

Please do not suggest that I just use Google DNS as I have young children in house and use the TalkTalk Internet filter which is part of the service I pay for to protect them, I also do not wish to be setting up alternative DNS systems when it is in place and should work via TalkTalk like it has done for the past year.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi devereux

Your router firmware has now been updated to the latest version.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi devereux

I will contact our Products Team to see if they push this through sooner and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 12

Sorry, this is just not good enough, I need my problem sorting now and do not wish to wait until it comes at some point in the future, I pay for a service now that should be stable, therefore please sort my as retyped below URGENTLY, not in at some point in the future possible if a firmware date fix the issue which it may not, (as the problem as only started in the last couple of weeks,not even sure it is firmware related)

Not had this problem for quite some time now but started a week ago you will see from the logs that I have had to reboot my router every day as the internet just stops working - Router at each occasion was showing connected with good download and upload speed. 

After rebooting everything seems to come back on however after to doing to for the 6th or 7th day in a run when internet failed I changed the DNS on my PC to Google DNS and found that my computer then could access the internet with no issue whilst all other devices in the house could not, change it back to use router as DNS and internet stops again, so login router and change DNS on router to Google DNS and everything in the house then comes on and all can connect to internet, change it back to Obtain Automatically which uses Talk Talk DNS Server 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80 and everything stops again, it is as though TalkTalk DNS Server seem to stop accepting traffic from my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub until I reboot.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi devereux

Our Products Team are rolling this out at the moment. I can't say for certain what day yours will be updated I can only advise that you keep the router powered up. The firmware is usually rolled out overnight.

Thanks

Debbie

devereux
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 12

Can you push this out to my router within the next couple of days so we can see if it stops the issue, at some point in the future is of no use to me when I have the issue now.

Need to find it corrects the problem or rule out that it isnt going to fix the issue so we can move to next steps.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

The firmware is rolling out in batches overnight, and will reach your router at some point in the near future.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Is that overnight on to my router or just overnight on some routers, eventually getting to mine one night at some point?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi devereux,

Yes the new firmware is being rolled out and the upgrades are happening overnight

Chris

0 Likes

devereux
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 12

My router is left on 24\7, is my router being upgraded overnight?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi devereux

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We do have new firmware being rolled out for the Sagemcom hub, our Products Team are rolling out the FW in batches.

Please can you leave the Sagemcom hub powered up, the fw usually updates overnight.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @devereux you discounted my suggestions 😢Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. Good luck tomorrow. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.