Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Issues (WIFI DIEING 2.4G (Only))

OwnProx
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

My wifi keeps stopping working all devices will fail to authenticate randomly during the day this is happening 2-3 times a day and i have no new wireless devices, i have 5G wifi disabled i have tried changing the mode / frequency and channel in the admin interface i have had this router for a very long time i believe its just on its last legs because simply turning it off and on fix's the issue but it will not fix itsself if left the devices will never reconnect, i have other devices that are connected by lan which are fully able to use the internet during the time of which the wifi drops, i am also using the latest firmware

Can you send me a replacement router please??

please mind every day i have to turn my router off and on at least 3 occasions just so the wireless devices connect again, during these moments where wifi is down (wifi network is still discoverable but does not authenticate the devices), lan is still working perfectly fine and will remain to the rest of the day my guess is my router is super old and just overheating and the worse part is i have ip camera's so yeah they keep disconnecting ruining the security of my home so please send out a new one believe that i have tried everything to fix this it is not a interference issue!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi OwnProx

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂 Thanks again for keeping us updated.

Debbie

OwnProx
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Not had a single drop out since thanks, my old router really was on it last legs haha thanks for sending the new one its working perfectly

Message 3 of 12

Hi OwnProx

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

OwnProx
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 12

Seems to of fixed the issue so far no wifi dropouts today thanks.

Message 5 of 12

Hi OwnProx

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 6 of 12

Thank you very much

Message 7 of 12

Hi OwnProx

Thanks for the Private Message.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi OwnProx

Apologies, you should now be able to send me a Private Message.

I've edited your post to remove personal information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

I cant send you a pm for unknown reasons:

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi OwnProx

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

OwnProx
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 12

verified my email now.

0 Likes