Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router - Problem

Lucie5
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

Hello there,

My router started behaving strange again, a week time now. It cannot maintain a stable speed which fluctuates from 10 mbps to 46mbps. The bright blue light in front of the router is flashing, then disappears and flashes again..it is like a Christmas tree...blue light, then- no light at all...or a very little visible blue light.- The router connection is still running, but it is difficult to browse the Internet because all hangs up, then I can browse, then again my screen hangs up....On the other occasions, all of a sudden, the router restarts alone......Can you please advice what is going on now..I have tried to follow my chats I had in March 2021 regarding the same router, but probably the case was closed. ..

Thank you so much for all your support and understanding,

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Thank you Karl,

Yes, it works like a magic 🙂 now. This  new router improved a lot the stability of my Internet. Also the blue bright light on the front panel doesn't go off/ then on/ then off/ then on...I will keep you informed if anything changes.

Also, thanks so much to all the team,  Debbie and Michelle. 

Kindest Regards

Lucy

Message 2 of 18

Hi Lucie, 

I'm glad to hear the new router has improved the stability of the connection for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 3 of 18

Thank you Karl 🙂

Kindest Regards

Lucie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am using TalkTalk Link for a speed test..The speed is stable now, it doesn't make my pc freezing.

Checked the broadband speed  -  37.2mbps/9.5 mbps - going with LAN cable to connect to the router. Wirelessly is 38.3mbps/9.7 ,..For me easy to work wirelessly.

Kindest Regards

Lucy

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

Thanks for the update and for posting back 🙂 I've re-checked the connection stats now which look consistent. Can I just confirm, was this a wireless speed test?

Thanks

Message 6 of 18

Good morning Debbie,

I received the router yetserday. Thank you so much for arranging all this. 🙂

With the new router, the Internet speed is keeping between 31-36mbps at my end. The connection is stable for the moment, and my PC is not freezing :)..The bright blue light on the front panel of the router is there and is not going off and on as it was before..

I powered down the router for a full 30 minutes yesterday, the speed went to 43 mbps as normal..but today I am still getting the same similar numbers 35.8 mbps for download and 9.8mbps for upload...is there any option to increase the speed ?

Thank you so much for all your support and understanding.
Kindest Regards
Lucy

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Lucy, 

Our team are here when you need us 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 8 of 18

Thank you so much Debbie,

Much appreciated for everything. I will keep you informed once I got the router.

Kindest Regards

Lucy

Message 9 of 18

Hi Lucy

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Lucie5
Team Player
Message 10 of 18

Hi Debbie, 

I am still having this problem with the router and Internet...The Internet speed is constantly changing…The bellow examples are some of the many I have been having  during the last couple of weeks

1. 27 Sep/08.35h - the speed from 25.5mbps-went 38mbp-then felt 15.70mbps
  2. 01 Oct/15.28h - the speed from 26.9mbps- went to 36.40-then to 40.01- and felt to.32.2
  3. today 02 Oct was the worst- from 20.4mbps/ 05.38h - suddenly the speed popped up reaching 45mbps/ 05.39h;

- then at 19.08h - I received a message the router couldn't connect me to the server;

- then the speed increased to 13.60mbps/19.16h and after 2 minutes the speed was 42mbps;

- then in 19.20h -I received a message I cannot be connected to the server; then 

Also the bright blue light on the front panel of the router is flashing – appearing, then disappearing- appearing- disappearing

But the worst is that I cannot normally browse the Internet..the screen of my laptop is freezing then unfreezing, then freezing, then unfreezing. I am like in a car - breaks - no breaks- breaks - no breaks :(..there is Internet but with all this problems..I cannot use it normally

Do you know what it may be..you have mentioned for sending a testing router.

Thank you so much for all your understanding and support.

Kindest Regards

Lucy

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Lucie5
Team Player
Message 12 of 18

Thank you so much Debbie. 

I will let you know. For the moment, the blue flashing light on the router's front panel is still very small, but the Internet is okay, no interruptions..

Kindest Regards

Lucy

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Lucy

Thanks for your reply.

If you do continue to experience issues then please let me know and I can send a different router for testing.

Debbie 🙂

Lucie5
Team Player
Message 14 of 18

Morning Debbie,  Thank you so much for your support and testing the line.

I don't have problem with the Internet today. (still morning).Yesterday in the evening as well, all was working....But for a week time that blue light located on the front panel of the router was appearing /on/, disappearing /off/ or the blue light was soo little visible...at the same time it was difficult to browse the Internet because at some point I was able to do it, then all the pages were freezing, then I was able to browse...that is why I went to the router to see what is going on...I couldn't see that blue light (the router was like dead), no lights...then light started to appear like a small dot...then again no light....the Internet was available but interrupted.  I did   a check of the speed the day before yesterday, at 22.20h it was 11.7mbps, then at 22.21h it became 44.2mbps..it was fluctuating up and down..

.It is strange that this blue flashing light was so bright before but not now. Also from time to time this new router restarts alone.

I am using the new router, is the one I got it from TalkTalk. It doesn't say the make, I have googled the Internet-it looks the same as the photo for TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub..It is black in colour with a light flashing on the front panel.

Do you know what might be the problem?

I will observe the line and let you know if anything changes. 

Thank you so much.

Lucy

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Lucie5

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Lucie5
Team Player
Message 16 of 18

Thank you so much Keith. Much appreciated.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

I'll ask TalkTalk to investigate for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?