cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Repeatedly Dropping Out

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fringe,

Apologies for the confusion, do you mean that the router is connected to the test socket? If you need the phone then you can also connect the phone and the router at the test socket using the microfilter.

Thanks

Whizz Kid

Yes, the router WAS connected directly to the test socket.  It isn't now.  I replaced the face plate yesterday evening.  I know I could have connected the telephone to the filter, but didn't because I know the next request would have been to disconnect my telephone to see if that makes any difference - I'm not exactly new to all this.

The router is showing bright green indicators on everything except broadband which, as before, is very dim and barely visible.

I haven't chosen an avatar because none of them show irate faces.

Hi fringe,

Ok I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out. Would you prefer the 3782 or the HG633 router to be sent?

Thanks

Whizz Kid

Lets stick with the 3782.  I had many problems with HG633.

Hi fringe

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

New router (DLink 3782) received and now connected.  All lights that should be bright green are illuminated.  I can access the internet but I cannot access the router.  Upon typing 192.168.1.1 it returns with a blank page save for the message:  This site can't be reached  192.168.1.1 refused to connect.

How do I access the router page?

Hi fringe,

Could you try rebooting the router and if still unable to access the admin page can you try a different internet browser. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

Whizz Kid

I tried to access router page yesterday evening using both Chrome and Internet Explorer, re-booting the router whilst still using each browser.  But to no avail.  Also tried re-booting PC but that had no effect.

This morning however, after running McAfee 'Shred Unwanted Internet Files', it suddenly decided to play ball and allowed me to log in with the new password.  Last night it wasn't even bringing up the log in window.

For the time being, things appear to be working.  I'll monitor over the next week before returning the old router.

OK, glad to hear it's working now, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Whizz Kid

Still getting drop outs.  Two just this morning.  But not showing as such on router stats.  Router says connected for 4 hours 27 mins, but twice Chrome says No Internet.  Doh!

Hi fringe

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to the router settings, please can you monitor this over the weekend and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

Wasn't at home at the weekend, but yesterday and today have had repeated issues with the router not even connecting to the internet - red light indication.  Router stats showed connected, but it wasn't.  Multiple reboots failed to establish connection.  Things do not auger well for the 'new improved' router.

Hi fringe

The line tests are not detecting any faults but I can see the re connections. There are also a high number of errors on the line.

Have you recently tested with a different router at the test socket? Is your landline service working ok when making calls?

I can then raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

Landline working fine, no noise, no loss of service.  As for changing routers, connecting direct to the test socket etcetera, I am through playing games.  Your equipment, you sort it.

Hi fringe

I have passed this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi fringe

Our Network Team have advised that they spoke with you yesterday evening and that they will be contacting you again on Friday.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

Not contacted on Friday.  Sunday evening 4 drop outs in as many minutes.  Ditto this morning.

Hi fringe

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi fringe

Have our Network Team contacted you today to discuss this fault?

Thanks

Debbie