Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Resetting

JamesIgnatius
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Ive just set up my new router (old one was dodgy), including a new network name and password. All working ok, but it does seem to be resetting itself every 10min or so over the past few hours. Its set to 2.4Hz only. Anything I can do to avoid this?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does the main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

JamesIgnatius
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

I'm really annoyed as I got the new router as a gesture to get me to stay with TalkTalk after my previous router failed me. I'm destined to suffer 🙄

0 Likes

JamesIgnatius
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 5

Lights go from solid white to flashing orange back to solid white in about 2min. Not sure about wired devices as we have none. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @JamesIgnatius,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.