Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router Updates

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Popular Poster

In the service centre  I have the following message  -  

About Your Router

You have a D-Link-DSL-3782 but the software needs updating to the latest version.

My question is why hasn't this been done automatically ?

I have had 4 live chats with talk talk agents, none of them have resolved this problem  - any ideas ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Holly22 ,

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check your router and update it if needed.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks for that; updated.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Holly,

I've checked and the router currently has the latest version of firmware. Are you experiencing any issues with the stability or speed of your connection?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello Michelle,

I have just looked in the service centre   - it is still saying - 

You have a D-Link-DSL-3782 but the software needs updating to the latest version.

Is this correct or not ?

Highlighted

Hi Holly22

Apologies for the delay.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version.

Would you like me to send you a replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello Debbie

Yes please send out a new router. 

Highlighted

Hi

A new router is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Re the new router  - DHL Parcels attempted to deliver it yesterday - but could not find my address !

I have never had any problems with other carriers not being able to find me . 

I have contacted DHL Parcels via Twitter and to UK Mail Customer Care Team (DHL ) , but as yet have not received a response. 

I would have thought they would be making great efforts to redeliver asap , but it doesn't seem to be so . 

I hope you haven't paid them !!!

Highlighted

Hi

I've sent you a pm with the tracking number.

Delivery is to be reattempted on Friday 7th.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for that; I will send detailed instructions of how to find me to DHL  !

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips