Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router WIFI remains disabled

Gregorsky
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Possibly faulty router received, tried several factory resets and WIFI stays DISABLED regardless of the options (see screenshots attached).

Details:

1) I have re-signed a new contract, also due to the problems with freezing router from the previous contract I was sent a new one for replacement.

2) Received, replaced, then router updated itself overnight to the latest software (see screenshot attached) and was working fine for about 6 hours.

3) Now router WIFI on both bands remains DISABLED, I have tried several factory resets with no luck still showing DISABLED in red (see screenshots attached)

I have temporary connected the old router back and it is working as a temp solution but I still need a new replacement as this one freeze randomly as mentioned above.

Please advise.

Regards

Greg

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hello Debbie,

Many thanks for your help. The new router is up and running now, I will return the faulty one in a prepaid envelope.

Thank you.

Greg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Many thanks, I will confirm once I receive it and test it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Gregorsky

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router.  

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Gregorsky
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 11

I've been waiting for over 2 days now with faulty router just for TalkTalk to ask me if I still need help??

Come on, I think I've described my problem clearly enough.

How can I get it sorted ASAP please? I can't get through to anyone over the phone either..

0 Likes

Gregorsky
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 11

Are you serious really? Can I have someone knowledgeable to take over please? Use  the dates to answer your stupid questions! Yes I need a new router. Can I have someone to send me replacement ASAP!!!

Message 8 of 11

Hi Gregorsky

I have posted on your other thread on the Community. Are you still experiencing a fault with the router?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi, I have already tried this after reading the others posts with still no luck. Hopefully someone will come back to me on Monday from TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Gregorsky,

Ensure you are holding in the reset button for over 10 seconds to make sure it really does do a factory reset. But if the Wi-Fi remains disabled after a factory reset then it is likely the router is faulty.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post on Monday. You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

0 Likes