Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router [Wi-Fi Mini Hub] Fast 5364-3.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chat Champion
I am going to tell you about the last few days.

I had a visit by an Engineer from Brightsparks last Friday the 13 Mar 20 and a visit by the Engineer from Openreach last Saturday the 14 Mar 20; a Brightsparks Engineer booked them after calling your office.

The Openreach Engineer reported a speed of 49 MBs, and reported a speed of maximum 49 MBs over the last 6 months! I pay you for 52-79 MBs, and you guarantee a speed of 52-79 MBs, a shortfall of 3 MBs!

He reported it to you on his report AEEA4UAP70 last Saturday, the 14 Mar 20.

I want 3 MBs refunded to me with a Fibre Hub WITHOUT the SUPER FAST Fibre Hub, as I have got at the moment; will I get 49 MBs?
or
We have identified your line is performing below your minimum guaranteed access line speed.In line with Ofcom’s Broadband speed Code of Practice we now have 28 days to improve your line speed. We may have to make one or two appointments with you so our engineers can fix your problem, for which you may need to be at home for. If we are unable to improve your speed within this period, you may cancel your contract without having to pay early termination charges, a Customer Service rep. sent me that on Friday the 28 Feb 20.
I must reiterate, I have been 12 times to your Customer Service Rep to sort is the problem; I hold you for the PAIN this as caused me. 

Do not ask me to ring you at the Office:-

I have Aphasia, Aphasia is a language defect not one that affects my intellect. Certainly there will come a time where speech is impossible for me, I want my wife to speak for the 2 of us when it comes to Lotto items? I know that you have put a mark against my name that I only want to contact you by email, that is good. I want you to contact me by telephone, that is the reason I have to include my wife in proceedings, no matter how rare contact may have to be by telephone?

I have Aphasia, Aphasia is a language defect, not one that affects my intellect. Certainly, there will come a time where speech is impossible for me. I NEVER answer the phone UNLESS someone rings me, leaves a message on my answer machine, if the message so very urgent that it cannot be sorted out by Email, I ring them.

I have a PPA, associated with Aphasia, it stands for Primary Progressive Aphasia. The “primary” means that it is going on, it's getting worse. The telephone I leave it alone, I NEVER answer it. My wife is Russian, leaving the telephone unanswered is my decision, She might, occasionally, answer the telephone.

Answering the telephone is no good for me because of my condition, it is NO-NO for me.

Answering the telephone is NO GOOD for me, because of my condition.

Regards,

Jeff Gordon

PS. I await your reply to I have LOST the Set Up for the Router [Wi-Fi], could you send us a copy.

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you kindly.

Jeff Gordon

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi essentuki

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Could I just check if the router has been left at the test socket for at least 48hrs, without being rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you, those of you replied.

Regards,

Jeff Gordon

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you.

Jeff Gordon

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi essentuki

Did you have the router connected to the test socket ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE